New to Property Chat

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Alias, 16th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Alias

Alias Member

Hi All,
    After discovering this website only a few days ago, I have decided to join up and get involved!

I live in Melbourne and am in my mid twenties. Completed uni a few years ago and am now working for a rather large private property developer as an investment analyst. The main asset classes I deal in are large scale industrial buildings and suburban office as well as apartment projects.

As I build more capital I will look to move into my own property investments.

I look forward to getting involved in the community and getting to know like minded people!

Cheers

jefn89 likes this.
  2. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Welcome Alias. Hope you enjoy the forum.

I love your alias.

Alias likes this.
  3. jefn89

jefn89 Well-Known Member

Welcome Alias!
    Sounds like an interesting role, tell us more about your goals for the future, you'd be almost in an ideal spot to make some savvy investments :)

4. Alias

Alias Member

Hi jefn89, thanks for the reply. Yes it is an interesting role, I am gaining some very good exposure, experience and contacts within the industry.

Long term I am looking to build my own investment portfolio with an emphasis on commercial properties. Likely strategy being to develop sites and hold for the long term or find value-add opportunities. To begin with however, I am looking at investing in a few residential properties to build a solid equity foundation as I see residential as less volatile.

The market analysis piece, choosing what and where to purchase, I am confident in, my current research is more focused on structuring the investments and financing for the best tax outcome.

Attached Files:

jefn89 likes this.
  5. KateAshmor

KateAshmor Victorian Conveyancing Lawyer Business Member

6. Alias

Alias Member

I have no idea why that file is attached to my last post! Did not mean to do that.

7. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Welcome Alias. Look at the bright side, it could have been a far worse type of 'file' to accidently upload. :eek:

8. Alias

Alias Member

haha very very true York. I will ensure I am more vigilant with my posts moving forward as to avoid that situation.

Phantom likes this.