New to NDIS/SDA

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by blue89, 5th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

In line with expectations

cliff

woocommerce and Reddy like this.
  2. blue89

blue89 Member

Does anyone have an indication on what a depreciation schedule looks like for one of these? I know it’s a silly question to ask because it depends on build price/fit out/size of house. I’m expecting to have an extremely high tax bill over the next 2 years so wondering if this would be able to be negatively geared over that period to assist with tax minimisation. Maybe a rough percentage of construction costs over the first few years

3. Reddy

Reddy Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone can help with below questions as I am thinking to explore this path

is there any data or website where I can have look to see high demand suburbs for NDIS?

how much is the price per square to construct NDIS house ?

Those who already constructed what is dislikes about it ?

@RPI @See Change Appreciate the response

Last edited: 23rd Aug, 2021
  4. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Hi Reddy

The data is out at the moment. The NDIA doesn't know when people want to move in most cases, they really only find out when someone does move. And a lot of participants don't bother getting SDA in plan until they have something happening in their area.
    BUT it's getting better and a new portal of supply and vacancy is coming for providers.

The biggest problem is not putting everything or buying cheap land. There is no way to price the rent down for cheap stuff. We see cheap rubbish everyday that there is no way will have tenants long term and we refuse to manage it.

Construction costs are going up a lot. - HPS houses are up around the $2,300 a m2 turnkey now in most areas - $600k for a 3 bed plus OOA HPS house. $800k for a robust duplex (2 x single occupancy) units are around the $500k per unit.

Reddy likes this.
  5. Reddy

Reddy Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking time to reply much appreciated

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.