New Survey Strata in Perth and new forum member - hello to all.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pinvest, 10th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Pinvest

Pinvest Member

G'day fellow forum members,

I'm currently about 90% (by cost) through a 3 lot survey strata development and have joined this forum based on a suggestion from my finance broker. After a quick perusal of the forum, it looks like a great suggestion.

The block is in Cloverdale, Western Australia, close to the new Gateway WA project and within cooee of the Perth Stadium and upgraded airports. The property was settled on a Friday afternoon and demolition started the next morning! I was very happy with that result as I had to tee up the rodent baiting, services removal and permits during the settlement period. Off to a good start. I plan to keep all the dwellings to maximise the benefits.

I am very hands on with the development included doing the demo together with my civil contractor/jack of all trades and will soon be doing the landscaping DIY.

I've joined this forum to bounce ideas around and hopefully get some inspiration from fellow investors and visa versa for subsequent subdivisions or major renovations - I would like to back up this development with another straight away.

I already have some questions regarding some landscaping ideas; What do fellow members thing of artificial turf versus natural? I have around 280m2 of turf to lay over the three lots - so a substantial decision, I think? Do renters like artificial grass - low maintenance and costs must be a plus surely. The benefits to me are that I don't need to fret about having the turf revived between tenants.

I look forward to conversing with you all.

Ben

2. sammmeee

sammmeee Well-Known Member

Wow good job to get the ball rolling a day after settlement! Wish you all the best. Are you looking to sell on completion or rent out?

3. Pinvest

Pinvest Member

thanks sammmeee. I'm going to rent them as that is where I believe the best gains are for me.

Have you got any IP's at the moment? What is your preferred investment strategy?

4. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forums. I am a fellow Cloverdale investor :)

I dunno about artificial turf. In terms of real, in my experience from my own rental properties, tenants don't look after grass. To find out if renters like artificial grass, talk to rental agents in the area and see what they think. It's worth getting their opinion for something like that.

5. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

Welcome Ben.

I Have just Completed a development in Cloverdale Also. For what it's worth I used normal turf as I am yet to see fake turf in the suburb :)

What are you building, townhouses or villas?