Discussion in 'Introductions' started by courtst, 9th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. courtst

courtst Well-Known Member

Just saying hi to all the contributors on this forum. There are some very knowledgeable members here who are willingly putting forth their vast knowledge for everyones benefit. I'm in my mid 50s and just wish I was aware of this platform in my younger days !! And my whinge.. instead of some of the wishy washy subjects they teach in school, financial/investing/compounding lessons with real life experience should be compulsory !

MWI likes this.
  2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Welcome... :)

Have you gone down the track of property investment already?

courtst likes this.
  3. courtst

Sadly no..hence the regret! Done a few things..business..shares but just holding one development site now. Will pick the brains of the financial gurus on later post. Bought and sold three properties which in hindsight could have easily held.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've done a bit of property investing there. Not sure why you've said "sadly no". :)

courtst likes this.
  5. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Welcome, lots to read, there's nothing better than taking action so learning from experience rather than just theory.
    Agree with you why don't they teach real life finances and investments at school?;)

courtst likes this.
  6. courtst

Reading about your, MTR, skater, and other regular contributors investment journey has given me a mild dose of inferiority complex! Trying hard to get my two daughters interested in investing.. be it property or shares. There's lots of opportunities if someone starts young with the right mindset.

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

We all have our own goals to march towards. Don't worry about comparisons and inferior/superior and just keep heading towards what is right for you. Investing in the financial markets is a highly individualised game according to each person's financial resources, sacrifices, goals, mindset and yes inevitably, some luck. :)

Are your daughters interested at all to invest?

8. courtst

The younger one who's still at uni has started investing in Vanguard funds..all her own money from part time work.
    The older one who's working full time is saving for a home deposit..albeit with a bit of prodding from parents !!

MWI and Sackie like this.
  9. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

MeToo. Don't worry, you are not alone. Count your blessings and having involved in shares and business are all very good experience from an investing perspective. Property is only one of them. Welcome to PC!

courtst likes this.
  10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Sounds like your daughters have their heads screwed on right, even if a bit of prodding is required now and then:)

courtst likes this.
  11. skater

skater Well-Known Member

See if you can encourage your daughters to join & read the forum. Sometimes alll it takes is bit of knowledge. And it's not too late for you either, you know. Just work out what you want and what you're willing to do to get there.

MWI and courtst like this.