New ducted reverse cycle system in Canberra

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Cimbom, 5th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with ducted reverse cycle heaters (electric) recently and could let me know what's a reasonable quote? I've gotten three vague quotes over the phone (having someone provide a proper quote on Friday) and they vary from $8,000 to $11,000. It would be replacing an existing (quite old) system in a small 3 bedroom house (about 130m2). I'm getting it repaired to buy some time with a view to replacing it in the near future.

2. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

3. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

Hi,

We got a Daikin reverse cycle ducted inverter unit late last year for upstairs only which is three bedrooms, 2 living areas, kitchen and bathroom and I think it came in about $8500-9000(we had other electrical work done at the same time). That included the ducts as well.

We also have gas heating(circa 1981), it croaked a couple of weeks into winter this year so we have been fully reliant on the Daikin and it's been fine.

Your quotes sound fine for Canberra.

Kassy

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.