Never Too Late …

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GridLok, 4th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. GridLok

GridLok Member

Hopefully it is "never too late": To accomplish what we hoped we would be able to do, 30 years ago when we moved from Melbourne to Adelaide … subdivide our block (in 2) and use the proceeds from the sale of one block to finance building a new home on the other.

In my late 60s. Local council has applied to SA Govt. to rezone parts of suburb that was previously classified as 'hill's face' zone, allowing subdividing with 400 sq mts per detached dwelling. Block is in excess of 1260 sq mts, slope < 1:8, but has a street frontage of 18.2 mts (i.e. less than the statutory minimum for subdivision). Local Council Planning Department says this does not necessarily negate possibility of subdivision. Ideally would like to make enough dollars to not only build, but clear existing small(-ish) debt. Have some ideas re new structure - would like to optimise appeal to future buyer.

First goal: Establish the financial viability of subdividing and building.

Jess Peletier and Stoffo like this.
  2. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

Good luck and welcome! :)

3. GridLok

GridLok Member

Thanks for the welcome Kassy. Any suggestions as to where one might obtain a list of the costs involved in demolishing, sub-dividing and building, and the best way to proceed?

4. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

Hi @GridLok,

Not really my area I’m afraid. I try to be set and forget. There is an active development sub forum though:

Development

Dive in and ask questions, people are pretty helpful and friendly :)

Kassy

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia