Neighbours house for sale (WA)

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Fitzy1903, 26th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Fitzy1903

Fitzy1903 Well-Known Member

Hi!

Neighbours house is for sale.
    If we combine the land of our neighbours place and our house, it's about 1745sqm.
    We are both R20, and our house is a corner block.

We could put four houses down (1800sqm requirement however we have a corner block) but I'd imagine it wouldn't be worth it unless you could put five houses down.

Is the five house option even a possibility?
    And are there any material/websites that would be helpful?

Thank you!

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

How well do you know the Rcodes? Also the local planning scheme. Both would be easily accessible online.

Is this something you're considering? I wouldn't recommend it unless you have expert property development experience or assistance.

ellejay and Fitzy1903 like this.
  3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Where do you get the 1800sqm requirement from?? 4 x 450? There is a possibility that you could get that down to 350sqm being a corner block but that's not the only issue as you'll need to meet the frontage requirements and that would require all blocks to have 10m frontage to the street and your block might not be shaped that way.

Some councils will also give a density bonus eg in City of Gosnells all corner blocks are R30 - might not be current policy but was last time I checked.

Why do you imagine it wouldn't be worth it at 4? what does a 5th block magically do?

A good feasibility will determine what is possible and what is feasible. You will need to talk to a surveyor and/or town planner to check what can be done with your block then work out which is the best way forwards.

ellejay and Fitzy1903 like this.
  4. Fitzy1903

Not very well but I'll look into them further - thanks!
    And it's moreso just seeing if it's an option, and if it was even feasible, I'd definitely engage an expert.

Yes, my logic was 4*450 (for the 1800 sqm requirement). There is a decent amount of frontage on all sides but it's a bit shy of 10m - I'll look into it though - thanks!
    I just thought with four, it wouldn't be worth it as both houses could be split into 2 each anyway. However, if you could add a 5th, then maybe that's extra value that you could get from the deal. And good idea about discussing it with a surveyor/town planner - do you know anyone decent in the City of Canning?

5. Westminster

@Joel Carter are you around? Can you assist @Fitzy1903 ?

Joel works here in Perth and is a great resource.

Archaon and Fitzy1903 like this.
  6. Westminster

Possibly if the corner truncation is allowed to be used then you could get 5 however there are a few other options that I can mathematically think of

Option 1: 4 standard blocks blocks (4 x 450sqm)
    Option 2: 5 standard blocks (5 x 350sqm)
    Option 3: 4 standard blocks + 1 single bedroom dwelling block (233sqm of land required)
    Option 4: 3 standard blocks + 3 single bedroom dwelling blocks (3 x 233sqm of land required)

Fitzy1903 likes this.
  7. Fitzy1903

Thank you! I'll get in touch with him.