Need to refinance

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by nuzullandchicky, 12th Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. nuzullandchicky

nuzullandchicky Well-Known Member

Hi

Up until now my property journey has been fairly straightforward but the last purchase (August 2019) saw some learning curves and mistrust in my close nit circle of professionals. My mortgage broker who has acted on all the properties thus far, has in my eyes misguided us and taken an easy road out for himself. He works for a big organisation along side our accountant. Im very happy with our accountant but the broker side of things needs to change. Im wanting to connect with a broker who can cope with a complex set up and form a long term relationship with us in our property journey. The first thing that needs to change is one property needs to be refinanced from a lender Im not happy with. Im based in rural SE QLD. Is there anyone on here willing to talk further?

Lindsay_W likes this.
  2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

There's lot of great brokers on here who would be able to help - you might be best off reading through a few of the posts and seeing who you connect with. If you want long term, it's best to get a feel for them upfront. :)

Generally, the ones who'd PM you desperate for work aren't the ones you want to work with ;)

Leslie likes this.
  3. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Sorry to hear that - I'd rest assured that whichever broker you choose from this forum you'll be in good hands!

4. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

May I please ask what aspect of that lender is an issue ?

ta
    rolf

5. nuzullandchicky

Sure. Interest rate is 5.25% no passing down of any rate cuts; establishment fees were $3,400 that only became apparent to me on settlement + $1,650 for some other fees and also had to pay valuation. The aren't electronic so I can't view my balance online anywhere or anytime and I feel it isn't suited to us but suited the broker.

6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Seem to be 2 different things here.

Are we talking commercial, resi, devs, trusts, SMSF, self employed.... etc?

The Y-man

7. nuzullandchicky

Straightforward as in no problems with any purchases and complex as in trusts & single and joint name ownerships, income comes from a company we own (50% shareholding), partnership (45% ownership), foreign income, dividends & interest. We are fairly diversified with farm income (commercial) and the rest in residential IP's as well as the above mentioned. It takes a bit for the professionals to get their head around so I'm wanting to connect with someone that can give me the time to explain it all and then form a working relationship.