Need some advice please

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Guy Thomson, 24th Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Guy Thomson

Guy Thomson New Member

I'm a keen buyer and I was lucky to find a property that suited me perfectly. I rang the real estate but the specific agent handling the sale was out of the office until Tuesday ( i had called the previous Thursday and spoken to another agent not really involved in this sale. ) . Anzac day weekend. I had a return call from this agent Friday afternoon to tell me an offer was made Thursday night and it was accepted Friday. I didn't even get a chance to look at the property and I'm fairly sure they made a judgement call that I wasn't the sort of person to have 1 million dollars to spend because I'm always dressed in old work clothes and they didn't even notify the vendor of another interested party. Can I do anything in this situation? Because I really want this property and I'm going to miss out because of someone else's choice.

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

What's stopping you from submitting a higher offer?

3. Guy Thomson

Guy Thomson New Member

Apparently once the offer has been accepted it's done? I rang back specifically to ask that question

4. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Just unlucky.
    Nothing you can do now if it is sold.

5. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

You havent even inspected this place, right? How have the agents seen you in your work clothes or in anything else?

Even if the seller was told of another interested party, without an offer or signed contract, it doesn't mean anything.

Its unlikely any property will suit you 'perfectly', or at least won't be the only property that suits you. Understand the buying process, make sure you talk to a good mortgage broker first, and just look at so many properties you get sick of the sameness.

At that point, you can make an objective buying decision.

6. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

It takes two to tango and the vendor must have been happy with the offer and financial arrangements ... there is always another property, keep looking ... :)

7. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

Based on how agents are typically paid, they are incentivised to sell volume and not necessarily worry about getting a better offer (assuming the vendor is happy with what is on the table).

Sometimes the vendor is keen just to have it sold too, especially if they are getting nervous about expected rate rises and media reports of impending doom for property prices.

Stoffo and Investor1111 like this.
  8. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

What location was that?