Need recommendations for Conveyancer and Building & Pest inspector in Melbourne

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Melkp, 30th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Melkp

Melkp Member

Hi there,
    I am a first home buyer and PPOR, currently looking for buying existing property. So, looking at good recommendation for a accrediated Conveyancer and Building & Pest inspector in Melbourne please.

Regards,
    Melbie

KateAshmor likes this.
  2. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

I recommend @KateAshmor for your conveyancing needs. She has been nothing but outstanding and professional in her dealings with me.

piglet1 and KateAshmor like this.
  3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

We've pretty much always used archicentre for B&P

The Y-man

4. Melkp

Melkp Member

Thanks for the recommendations, will have a look into her service.

5. Melkp

Melkp Member

Thanks for your recommendation, will review the service

6. Deakin5

Deakin5 Active Member

Hi Y-man, thanks for this recommendation. I am also looking for a company to do a building and pest inspection in this area. The guy I spoke to at archicentre seemed very knowledgeable but the quote for this service from them was just over $1,000.

Another company I have come accross is beforeyoubid.com.au they are basically a broker, they don't actually do the inspections themselves, rather they have a panel of qualified people who carry out the inspections. They charge $499.

It seems hard to justify spending $500 more for a building and pest inspection on a house I imagine will get a clean bill of health and that I may end up being out-bid on.

7. The Y-man

Also in the earlier days when we got B&P done, we attended with them and followed the inspector around. He was really good and showed us what to look for, what was good/bad/otherwise etc.

It meant we could make our own judgements later on whether to call them in or not.

The Y-man

8. Deakin5

Deakin5 Active Member

Hi Y-Man, did you miss out on a post here?, you mention "Also" at the start of the post as if you had other points before this one?

9. The Y-man

Uh - don't worry - it was just in addition to my earlier post about using archicentre.

The Y-man

Deakin5 likes this.
  10. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Deakin5 likes this.
  11. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Often it will pick up something that either you're not aware of or will allow you to temper your enthusiasm and bidding like this thread - linky. No point getting a report If you don't read it.

Deakin5 likes this.
  12. fols

fols Well-Known Member

While we're on Melbourne recommendations, can anyone please recommend a Melb based pro property accountant? I have some colleagues there looking for some tax assistance.

13. frank22

frank22 Well-Known Member

I got quote for B&P inspections from $500 to $900 . Price is not the factor here its the trust and quality that matter . heard stories of B&P inspectors turning up and not doing what they were supposed to do. Looking for recommendations in the melbourne area for B&P inspector please

14. Deakin5

Deakin5 Active Member

We have just got our first B&P done on a property, it was a real eye opener. One of the biggest things to come out of it was a lack of access to various parts under the house meant both inspectors had to come to conclusions that they could not be confident with. In the case of this house there was clearly some significant issues and thus we have decided to cool our interest in the property at this point.

I did not attend the inspections but now wish that I did because it would have taught me more about the whole process of understanding what is in the reports, it may also mean they do a more thorough report.

As far as recommendations go I can't give you one, I have subsequently found quite a few negative reviews for the firm we used and thus won't be recommending them to anyone.

If you look at productreview.com.au under "Home Inspection Companies" you will find some reviews.

Keep me informed of how you get on.

Melkp likes this.