Need Help- Was asked to go through QCAT Process

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by M0123, 12th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Do you think it might help if you had someone advocating on your behalf prior to the QCAT hearing? I'm extremely confident that Tribunal will laugh them away and award your full bond back, but I know how stressful the whole thought of going to tribunal is no matter what the situation...!

2. M0123

M0123 Well-Known Member

Hahahaha, Tom, it won't help. We are very nervous going to the tribunal because they have more power like owning the property management company and might have good support behind them. But we don't want to loose the faith and trying to grab some useful ideas from the forum, which I believe I have... : )

3. M0123

M0123 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

It is been a while since i posted this. I finally received notice of hearing recently and I found the agent didn't attach any receipts or tax invoices to claim the cleaning cost. I am preparing the response and will be arguing that there is not invoice provided thus we are not liable for those costs. However, i am bit of sneaky here and worried that this might just remind them that they should make up some invoices now. Meanwhile, I don't want to leave my response to last minute as there could be a chance the judge won't look at it ??

My question is, does the agent have chances to provide receipts anytime before hearing ? Would judge get a chance to look at my evidence if I present them one day before hearing ? Anyone has experience before ?

Thanks a lot,

M

4. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

They can add evidence prior to the hearing. They can also present it on the day (quite common) but many adjudicators are not a fan of this.

Most tenant just bring their evidence to the court hearing and I've not seen an adjudicator have a problem with this yet, as the tenants are the darlings of their court. However, the correct procedure would be to lodge your evidence prior.

You don't necessarily need to lodge your actual argument prior to the day, just make sure they have any evidence you need to substantiate it.

M0123 likes this.