Nathan Birch

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Karina, 8th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Whiteman

Whiteman Well-Known Member

If it's such a good deal I wonder how many Nathan is buying for himself?

2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

The other half? Wonder who the developer is to be selling at that price in a boom market?

3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Senoir NB would buy them earlier on i reckon, then mark up to sell through that email. Or maybe he owned the land, got a developer to go jv to do the work then he flogs them off through a map session ;)
    Everyone wins :D

TerryN likes this.
  4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

You have to give "NB" one item,for all the people that have come through both sites over the years he is still out-there,unlike a few others..

MTR likes this.
  5. CU@THETOP

CU@THETOP Well-Known Member

You would be stupid not to buy! Count me in Nathan.

6. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

I'd really love to hear why any developer would be so generous as to sell their apartments at a "wholesale" price that is below market value!

FFS, it's not like they're selling potatoes.

7. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

the difference I see is that, otp these days just says how good the property is and how sexy it is,

NB has used a different approach and said its below market price by $100k,

maybe someone could request a brochure and find out if it is genuinely $100k under or not

id be very interested

8. bob shovel

Definitely. I reckon he's doing alright. Targeting new investors is better than ones with half an idea!

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I have a better idea, why don't investors do their own homework and look at similar product in the area.

Problem is in part laziness and wanting to be saved rather than learning/self education as the first step, because you don't know what you don't know that is the problem.

No different to any BA who really become a mentor, I am not insinuated all BA are bad. However, they are selling their idea/strategy, what if it is a poor strategy? ie poor performing property, low class tenants, cash flow turns to crap.... and you may not find out immediately. Comes back to taking responsibility and not leaving it to someone who is actually trying to make money because it may be hit or miss.

MTR

TerryN and g-dub like this.
  10. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

i totally agree, otp makes poor investment as a whole,

however, if I was looking for a PPOR, and it was what I was lookng for id buy,

especially if I had more money thean sense

MTR likes this.
  11. abbyfresh

abbyfresh Well-Known Member

It is a double standard situation. He seems to have always advocated to never buy off the plan. He is saying it is not investment grade, but happy to offload to owner occupiers. Chances are if not good buying as an investment then not the best deal for living there unless it is a to die for place to live in within the heart of Penrith?

Then pushing products suitable to live is a deviation of what his business seems to be about which is investment properties.

He and his company will continue to do well no matter what.

If the developer needs to offload a bulk amount immediately I'm sure there could be a discount, and there is numerous reasons why even in a hotter market.

Is the Penrith market now that hot that you need to register to buy something off the plan there? or you miss out?

Soon it will be Katoomba for off the plan once in a lifetime deals featuring insulation and heating for winter.

12. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Correct. But it seems 99 % of the population have the attention span of a marshmallow

Next he will be come a developper and tell people not to buy from a buyers agent

I think its a combination of stupidity and greed that people say one thing and do another.

Eg a lot of the experts predicting hotspots who have failed spectacularly in their predictions. I will never listen to them again.

GalacticExplorer likes this.
  13. bob shovel

Penrith peaked a few months ago

14. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    The OTP stock that St Hilliers and Payce are selling at Thornton estate in Penrith is getting low-mid 500's for 2 bedders. Whether they will value up in 12-18 months when settlements are called, is another thing entirely.

15. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

This thread edging towards 1000 posts..
    Prob has to be one of the largest threads. @Simon Hampel could confirm where it sits in the ranking based on post count..

In all seriousness:
    1. It's easy to criticise anyone if you look for 2 mins, yes I have been guilty of commenting on him too.
    2. You don't see him on here replying or defending himself, why, because he is out there grinding, not worrying about talking smack about others
    3. Most people importantly and bringing it back to my original point about PC member involvement, it is disappointing to see that a thread about someone else, not constructive or value adding, negative in nature, mainly gossip, speculation and a pinch of jealousy to boot is one of the largest threads on this forum..

Again, I raise my hand/keyboard/mouse, whatever and admit Ive been guilty of trash talking him also however, I don't think this is what we are about here on PC!!!

Brady, Dave Ward, Gypsyblood and 7 others like this.
  16. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I see not replying as many myrad of reasons
    it could be
    he doesnt care
    he has been caught out
    he thinks he has been caught out
    he thinks its negative publicity, especialy on google

I have tremendous respect for him and have never said anything bad about him,

Gypsyblood likes this.
  17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I think I already mentioned this some 500 posts back.

It is sad, but unfortunately when the green eyed monster comes out in humans its ugly

Saw this recently happen to a fellow member @Beano who has had great success with commercial property.

Come on guys ..... don't be small, draw your line in the sand bigger and better.

MTR:)

Last edited: 8th Oct, 2016
  18. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

IN THE MEDIA: NATHAN ADVOCATES FOR STAMP DUTY REFORMS
    News.com.au approached Nathan for his views on housing affordability in Sydney. He sees many ways housing affordability could be improved (keep an eye out in coming weeks for more info), but he feels Stamp Duty as one of the key barriers to home ownership. Stamp Duty needs to move with the times, whereas current policies are stuck in the 80's.

Just got some spam from binvested
    And this was an extract

I always wonder when in situations like these and if the reality was that the market was falling or about to collapse would people like him outright lie and say the market is good or getting hot to induce customers to use his services.

If you appear to make a dumb or wrong prediction, it's not going to be good for your credibility

19. cheesebites

cheesebites Active Member

I was just watching a video from this guy on Youtube.

Using language in a video (f bomb), and stating "I will let the other idiots worrry about that", in reference to running a sewer line, struck me as a real concern. It is unprofessional.

It almost came across as "This is too expensive for me to do, I will get around it on the cheap until others pay for infrastructure".

Lots of bragging here too in another video:

He wants to convey a "you can do it too" attitude. Not sure how given he seems to talk about big dollar property.

Not sure where he bought 20,000sqm in NW Sydney 15 minutes from Kellyville for $1.35 million. Colo, East Kurrajong, Wilberforce perhaps, but they are far from 15 minutes from Kellyville.

The $300,000 in Sydney he references, must be units he is talking about.

The Barefoot Investor isn't a fan: Don’t B-Invested - Barefoot Investor

20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

There are worse out there without a doubt, I know some that used his strategy in Syds west and made a killing.
    Balance people, balance..... there is always two sides to the coin.