Nathan Birch

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Karina, 8th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Question...for you Karina? You ran a BA agency in the USA....could you have even contemplated sourcing 100 quality properties?

100 properties per month eh??

Maybe I am not doing it right....but out of the 100 or so properties I have researched...only 10 stack up in Brisbane as investment grade..of that I will only be able to get to buying point with 1-2?

What am I doing wrong??

HappyCamper and The Falcon like this.
  2. Karina

Karina Well-Known Member

Sash, gosh no, If I was able to find 5 or 6 good properties a month I was doing well.

Barcelona and Jake Milne like this.
  3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Dere ya have it.......I was worried....after 15 years of investing...I had it all wrong. Phew.

The other thing..I am noticing..is there are a hell of a lot of people from Sydney buying in Logan. Ask the question....are these mostly investment purchases...what will happen the status quo returns...something to ponder?

Interesting....huh......as someone said the "Mind is a terrible thing" to waste!

Last edited: 8th Jul, 2015
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Sash
    It's chalk and cheese! need to look at size of operation, Karina is a one person operator and a brilliant operator at that.

Too many variables IMO, ie number of staff if you have 10 employees sourcing properties who knows, could be possible?

also dependent on the product, what they are sourcing for their clients it would be easy if they were sourcing developments/OTP apartments, land and house packages etc

At the end of the day if he achieved half of what was quoted pretty damn amazing.

MTR

Ross 355 and Gypsyblood like this.
  5. Karina

Karina Well-Known Member

No question 100 properties a month is a LOT. I would imagine he would have lots of people working for him to be able to acquire that many. According to the article they were in Brisbane. I think the timing is right for investing in Brisbane so if they are decent purchases most people should hopefully do ok. I hear you about Logan, everyone is talking about it.

6. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

***** noob!

Seriously but, most people dont understand, show them an apartment in a complex of 50 yielding 7.5% and they think its gold.

7. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

As others have said, even if Nathan has achieved half or even a quarter of the success stats published, hats off to him.

I have nothing but smiles and admiration for people like Nathan brave enough to give it a go, young, and turn it into a thriving business :)

Even if he faces some tumbles over time (all property pioneers do - look at Jan Somers for instance), he will remain a success in my book.

8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Lets say I am talking to agents in Brisbane.....they are laughing all the way to the bank.

As a matter of fact...they are laughing at some of the buyers agents already.

There is no way you can be buying 100 properties a month....unless a large portion are unit blocks. There are not many old blocks on the market. So that would be largely newer stuff....why would some idiot pay a BA to buy something off the plan...dumb...dumb....a recipe for disaster.

Here is how it will go:

1. BA proposes a client buys off the plan.
    2. Client pays BA 10k.
    3. Client pays developer 10% deposit or deposit bond

What a farce....the client has not even actually bought a property and the BA has collected 10k.

Now here is the really furphy....what happens if the banks do not value up the property? The client loses the 10% deposit as well as the BA fees.

Some of these people need to play lead characters on dumb and dumber!

Serah likes this.
  9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, well have a read of "EOS armchair developers" on SS, that will make the hairs on your neck rise.

MTR:)

10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

OK....will do.

My hairs on my neck are already rising....wow....I can see the whole raft of what happened in early booms repeating again. Wow....human nature is so predictable.....:confused:

Sackie and MTR like this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Batten the helms

12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

...and what if it was half of the value? Pretty damn amazing at that regardless.

Ross 355 and sanj like this.
  13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Nah..instead seeing "dead people" ...I am seeing future dollars....as Warren Buffet said money moves from the impatient to patient.....

14. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

can someone find me 20 taxis for 500k? ill pay finders fee

pianissimo and Excalibur1 like this.
  15. sash

sash Well-Known Member

16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Mate its the Druie edumacation system.....most fail maths.....:D

Last I looked.....20 Sydney taxi (plates) would cost about $7.6m (about 380k per pop) as a minimum....and it would being in about 20k per year or 400k per annum!

17. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

screw that id rather just buy 500 ex taxis

18. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Maybe Nathan should have bought taxis instead.
    That return is 3 times as much as the 500k hes getting on 24 mil equity in resi property.

Bran likes this.
  19. sash

sash Well-Known Member

As I said...its "Bogan" maths talking.....

Question....what do you call people who religiously follow "Bogans"? ...a serious question...:D....will see if there is a term...otherwise I might have to invent a term.;)

20. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Its called Boganomics

733 likes this.