Nathan Birch "dumping" properties according to Macrobusiness

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by emza, 23rd Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

Apparently some occasional difficulties with paying bills, even with comparatively low interest rates.

Jack Chen likes this.
  2. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Quite honest of him actually - good to see. I'm assuming the tough times were also brought about by a drop in revenues from his business (due to lending criteria, market sentiment changes etc).

3. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Interesting to see he has a goal of becoming a billionaire by 40.
    I’d guess that most billionaires achieved the goal rather unintentionally as a result of their efforts on just being exceptional.
    The money is simply a side effect.
    Getting rich to primary hit a target figure of net worth can often lead you away from your true reason for doing what you do.

NHG, Kassy, mickyyyy and 2 others like this.
  4. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Good to see the honesty about missing some mortgage payments and failing to settle on a property.

Very impressive.

5. Jack Chen

Jack Chen Well-Known Member

Great video thanks for sharing @Spiderman

Seems odd to me that he's struggling with cashflow given he's gone on record saying he earns $2m+ in passive income from property. I wonder what happened. Did all of his loans convert to P&I at the same time?

6. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

You are making the assumption that past business promotion videos and articles reflect reality.

Sackie, Kassy, Biz and 3 others like this.
  7. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

They kick him on the way up ,and they kick him on the way down,and mass market media is also driven by the brutal sentiment of success for Nathan ..That's the problem in Australia we build them up then try to break them down that's the established pattern for those who understand the BBQ plate of investing who look through mythical rose -- tinted glasses ..

Last edited: 14th Dec, 2017
    Ostraylia, SOULFLY3 and MTR like this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly.

Sadly.... the "tall poppy syndrome".
    In US they love people to succeed, they embrace this, totally different mentality. Too often I see new members on PC attacked just because they managed to do what others are trying to achieve, bizarre behaviour.

We need to grow up in Australia, put on our big girl/boy pants.

Seby643, Dean Collins, Kassy and 3 others like this.
  9. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

He is a smart guy and watch him come out of the other side with flying colours.

10. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

This is the problem with making statements in public which may be seen as boasting, your putting a target on yourself asking for knives to be thrown at you. I think a lot could be avoided .

willair likes this.
  11. dabbler

I do not think he is going through anything that many of us have been going through or considering, maybe it is more related to loss of business.

No one really knows the detail, either way. But the one thing that is clear, is APRA gets too everyone....one way or another, he, like others, have to adapt.

12. dabbler

Of course we not like Americans, for a start we do not usually settle disputes with firearms :)

In reality, I think Australia is not too bad, but generally aussies dislike posers, boasters, liars and crooks, so if you happen to be doing well but fall under one of these traits, then you cop it.

wylie likes this.
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we have our own demons in Australia... alcohol .....violence, king hits etc. but lets not go down this road

Lets not confuse "tall poppy syndrome", has nothing whatsoever to do with criminals, liars, boasters, posers ( that is showing your age:p)

Definition of a forum?
    a public meeting place for open discussion.

MTR:)

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I just listened to this.

I am not surprised I expect many investors may find themselves in similar scenario of having to sell down to increase cash flow and to continue being able to service debt.
    I guess to be good at this you have to be persistent, go with the ups and downs, not always easy

mickyyyy likes this.
  15. Seby643

Seby643 Well-Known Member

Couldnt agree more! Sometimes best to avoid telling even family and friends as they get jealous if they are not in the same position as you. Or the fact that you may have had achieved more than them at a certain age compared to them.

MTR likes this.