Nathan Birch - Big Aussie Deal

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by wombat777, 12th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

To be fair I had a marketing company offer me $35k for referrals earlier this week, but yes, it's completely out of market for BA services on a $200k block of land - which is certainly not a service they're providing here.

Binvested is starting to make some spruikers look like saints.

Perthguy, hobo and Westminster like this.
  2. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Interesting that Landcom would have given them exclusive access to the development. Given that Landcom sold the last remaining lots to a developer by the name of kincorth Pty Ltd in 2016.
    http://www.urbangrowth.nsw.gov.au/assets/Uploads/UrbanGrowth-NSW-factsheet-Sanctuary-2017.pdf

Sanctuary Estate final release stages sold

Relevant? Im not sure.

Blacky

House likes this.
  3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

hobo and Blacky like this.
  4. MoneyMan

MoneyMan Well-Known Member

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else is buying up in newcastle area. Seems to be alot of government money being injected into the city and new light rail the same as sydney, parramatta and gold coast.

5. jim1964

jim1964 1941

Please note i am not him.

DaveM likes this.
  6. MoneyMan

MoneyMan Well-Known Member

Drilling down under different company shareholders it looks like Kincorth Pty Ltd is beneficially owned by a Richard Scheinberg

7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Onselling options on the land is the new way to profit and run. Then if it ever gets built its your problem. When the developer falls over guess who gets burnt. The usual sign of these deals is a BA fee. When there is no land development its all air.....You are buying a opportunity IF its even happens.

8. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

BA fees are the new "investment advisor fee". Saw so many structured investment products in the GFC era where the advisers were getting paid huge percentage-based fees in advance (we're talking up to 10% of initial investment!!) when they signed up investors ... and they didn't care whether the product ever made money since they'd already been paid.

I'm all for fee-for-service Buyers Agents like those we have here on PropertyChat - but I've seen quite a few of these property consultancies and structured real estate offerings where there is a "BA" fee - getting paid up front for doing very little work other than shopping their portfolio of "pre-selected properties" to whomever is gullible enough to buy them.

charttv and Paul@PAS like this.