VIC Narre warren south 2 house comparison

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by k0428ami, 22nd Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. k0428ami

k0428ami Member

Hi all,

I’m currently looking to buy my first home in narre warren south, originally as PPOR and then planning to rent out in a few years. I do not plan on starting or raising a family in this home, so house size is not a big deal for me (more considering resale). Originally was looking at units in Rowville but have been priced out of that market (priced out by 100k in the last auction I attended for a 2bdr unit).

there are two properties in currently considering and have devised a pros and cons list for both. Would be great to get your views on which would be better for 1) living 2) renting out 3) capital gain.

house 1 (right above golf links road)
    Pros:
    400sq, 2 bathrooms, 2 car garage, interior seems quite new and not mich work needs to be done

Cons:
    Location is not near antrhing special, in bushfire area, right next to golf links rd which is flood area and housing development area, outside the property is just huge grassland

house 2: below Greaves Rd Reserve park
    Pros:
    Better location imo, Next to parks, walking distance to Berwick springs and Casey central shops, well maintained streets, nice surrounding houses

Cons:
    300sq, Only 1 bathroom (semi ensuite), single carport, would need to repaint house and kitchen cabinets (not too much of a hassle)

Both are similar distances to FTG SC and good schools. I’m leaning more towards House 2, I get a better feel and vibe from the streets it’s on and the surrounding areas. It just doesn’t look as modern as House 1 and needs a bit more work (adding in garage, repainting) and only has one bathroom (separate toilet).

would love to get your thoughts!! Thanks