QLD My trip to moreton bay....booming

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Closet, 2nd Dec, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Dbay has cleaned up a lot....it is more some parts of Caboolture that have issues. The issue in the North is land is in low supply as most of it on fllod plains which cant be built on.

Whereas in Logan that is not the case. The other aspect is a lot of people are realising how valuable veing near water is.

Ronald86 and Redwing like this.
  2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

What is particularly sad is all these people doin' coffees with the so called experts and getting charged $7k plus for the priledge....seriously......:p ....a fool and his money parted.

I know people won't like what I have to say...but what said about Sydney is playing out....lets see what happens with Logan...;)

3. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

@sash Are you blaming buyer agents? Mostly they are useless!!

4. fat cactus

fat cactus Well-Known Member

We went for a drive today and had a look around Dbay, Margate, Brighton and Sandgate. TBH you couldnt go wrong in any of these areas.

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Some are ....they keep putting people in inappropriate investments....

6. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I own on Dbay, Clontarf, Margate...why do you say this.

In particular Dbay....I think you might be seeing what I am seing. ;)

fat cactus likes this.
  7. Red Dog

Red Dog Member

Does anyone know where I can find out more about this development in Bray Park please? I have Googled but can't seem to find any info about...?

8. fat cactus

fat cactus Well-Known Member

From what we saw on our adventure:
    - Lots of construction
    - Cafes everywhere and all full of people
    - Heaps of families out walking with poodle cross dogs
    - We had lunch at a pub in Margate and all tap beers were craft beers. Enjoyed a IPA!

With the area quickly becoming more than a coastal get away, proximity to the city and airport and probably the only decent beaches around Bris i can see the value of land in this area only going up and quickly.

Angel likes this.
  9. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I heard sometime ago that BCF is expanding to a super-store, I dont know where exactly. The site on top of Warner Hill (cnr South Pine Rd and Old North Road was going to be a Masters but instead will become Anaconda and Spotlight - to the best of what I recall reading about six months ago in Quest newspaper. This is all in Brendale, not really Bray Park. As far as I know Bray Park is residential and it's all built out.

10. Red Dog

Red Dog Member

Thanks Angel- I think this is the second time there has been mention of some commercial development at Bray Park on the forum but I can never find any further info-

11. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Last edited: 1st Jan, 2019
  12. Red Dog

Red Dog Member

That's a really interesting find. And Aldi also have a distribution centre there too. There's a pocket of land there I guess slated commercial / logistics. People will gravitate to the where the jobs are. Thanks for the info Angel-

Last edited: 1st Jan, 2019
  13. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

The same is also happening at the north lakes business park which will flow over to areas like dbay etc...

14. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep agree....it is also changin to young families from gods waiting room.

fat cactus likes this.
  15. rookie101

rookie101 Well-Known Member

Rothwell just opened a Carls Jnr and Starbucks is due to open shortly... definitely food for thought when you see brand new restaurants like that come in. Especially Starbucks - I assumed they would've chosen Mango Hill or North Lakes. They must see generous profit

16. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

The $75M complex will host 700 employees in a campus style complex including BCF- 7,686sq m at 7-13 Learmonth St, opposite Strathpine Centre across the road from Bray Park...

Category: | The Courier Mail

17. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Cant read the Courier Mail without a subscription and I'm not paying to read their garbage.

OK, so Learmonth St is definitely not in Bray Park. What is your fascination with a suburb whose only non-residential feature is a hairdresser and an IGA or 7-11?

I used to work at the NAB in Learmonth St for 5 years, It is definitely in Strathpine.

18. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with Carl Jung - I mean Carls Jnr, but I suspect Starbucks cant afford North Lakes. North Lakes is very white, and not American either.

19. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

I think it might be more of a lack of competition in Rothwell, as opposed to the overpopulated market of North Lakes.

Other than Dominos, Rothwell has no established takeaway chain. Also, Rothwell only has one dedicated cafe, and it's it's a dead pokey little place. For strategic marketing, Rothwell is ideal for these 2 businesses.

A very smart business opportunity for Rothwell would be a pub/tavern. Considering it's an established suburb with 2 main roads running through it, the mind boggles as to why no other developer has set one up in Rothwell.

20. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Lol, agreed, I wouldn't wrap up fish and chips with the Courier Mail.

I give Courier Mail subscriptions to people I don't like at Christmas.

Angel likes this.