My problems with LJ Hooker Logan City

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Truly Exotic, 4th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

hi everyone, just thought id update,
    Im a very principle type of guy, so ive been pursuing this even though its time consuming,

Ive contacted the media, and one media rep says they are interested in doing a story so if anyone else has a problem, please feel free to contact me,

Anyway, Long story short
    I contacted the principal, I got no reply, I then had an argument with the office manager, Naomi was useless, even blamed me for it and got offended and aggressive when I questioned her knowledge.

So I raised a case with fair trading, this didnt go ahead for various reasons

I then raised it with LJ hooker head office, and I spoke to someone who seemed concerned,
    I sent in a complaint on Mar 16, I finally got a call from the QLD regional manager or thereabouts, so 4 weeks for a reply, You'd think that when the media are interested, they would reply a bit quicker

anyway, this regional manager was fairly pleasant , without getting into detail said he would follow it up, but questioned everything I said and said his version of events were different even though he claimed to have not read the entire complaint. I also asked for the contact for the media rep to contact, and he just said, just email it through.

Just an update folks.

If any one else has a problem with LJ Hooker Logan City, please feel free to contact me,
    I already have a few names

thanks Folks

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

If you want to run a bad PM show, seems QLD is the place, even when they know the business is doing wrong, they are toothless, but the system has no problems throwing tenants a noose so they can try and bring you unstuck as a LL.

3. Truly Exotic

oops, sorry folks, I realised my OP was 6 months old, I will add the last half of the events transpiring

- tenant was falling behind in rent , so I asked the agent to arrange a payment plan with the tenant, they came back to me and said they arranged the tenant to pay their rent plus $50 extra a week or similar amount. Fast forward 3 months later, I enquired as to whether the extra payments were being applied to water or rent, Turns out they hadnt even enforced it, and the tenant had made no extra repayments at all, and had fallen behind further

- we enquired about the number of breaches they were issued with i nthe past few months, the answer was 0!. I then enquired about the number of breaches for water, 0 again. I instructed the agent to breach them immediately, and got told "tenants cant be evicted in qld for non payment of utilites as long as rent is paid up" which later after consultation I found to be untrue

- I got promised a refund of fees for a few months, which never came through when I asked for it, they just denied saying that and tried to offer lower

- they then gave me until the end of the day to collect keys (rookie PM Mistake 101)

the tenant ended up falling behind further and evicted with the new agency

4. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

oh man, sounds like a nightmare, hope you are copping alright there @Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic likes this.
  5. Truly Exotic

is a night mare:)
    But im a tough little cookie, doesn't even register as a blimp on my path of life

6. Magnet

Magnet Well-Known Member

What agency did you use to take over management? How have you found them to be so far?

Truly Exotic likes this.
  7. Truly Exotic

I was a bit reluctant to mention them in case it was seen as spruiking, but here it goes anyway,

they had a few admin issues at the start however, when a PM says something and you think "hm, thats a great idea, I didnt think of that" that is a sign of a switched On PM,
    so was pleasantly surprised and am very impressed so far
    its Ray White Marsden, :)

Tom Rivera, Eric Wu and Magnet like this.
  8. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Ray White Marsden is a good choice. The Principal Avi is switched on and seems to have put together a great team.

Truly Exotic likes this.
  9. pwnitat0r

pwnitat0r Well-Known Member

I also found LJ Hooker useless... I was only with them for 2-3 months before switching.

Now when I fill in the forms I give PMs the authority to incur $0 expenditure.

Tom Rivera likes this.