my not so great investment experience: Cheapie strategy

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by TMNT, 5th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

But on a 100 billion org...that is 10B....;)

kierank likes this.
  2. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

That's not a SME :)

3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Nope......

kierank likes this.
  4. Wukong

Wukong Well-Known Member

Thinks sash is in more hardware than software. @kierank those numbers seem to resemble softwares like Oracle, IBM. At least during my time with Oracle back in 2011, support was 80% GM or more.

kierank likes this.
  5. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Part of the fun mate - best thing about online forums you don't know who's talking the truth and who is not. Its amusing to see how people react. You get a good idea of how someone would be in real life how they react to things like this whether it be made up or not :p

Good personality and character indication. Its all fun and games.

Last edited: 21st Aug, 2017
  6. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

That makes sense and yes I was talking about a enterprise software product.

You got it in one :).

7. Foxdan

Foxdan Well-Known Member

He said he was a robotics engineer in a post on the amazin warehouse. Apparently owns multiple businesses and has a day job and was recently promoted to director when employees begged him.

I suspect the portfolio size he brags about is equally bs.

Everyone likes a contributor, no one likes an arrogant b*llshitter

Toon likes this.
  8. eletronic_exp0430

Playing straight into my hands - I love this place. :p

9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@eletronic_exp0430 more bees with honey my friend. Trust me on that. Don't take this in a condescending way, your full of passion and heart but the challenge now is to be able to channel that in a way that doesn't alienate others. I used to be a lot more abrasive than I am now and upon reflection I found it to be a hindrance and overall negative. Build bridges my friend. You never know when your gonna need some folks here for a helping hand.

HUGH72, MTR, Gockie and 1 other person like this.
  10. eletronic_exp0430

Cheers buddy. If I ever wanted help from people on here I already know who is genuine and those that are not. I can see from not only this thread which I've meaningfully been pushing and pushing trying to get more responses but other threads by other people on how some members react.

My image here might not be the best at the current time but it gives me a better picture of some ppl thats all.

Its very hard to take advice from ppl you have no idea who they are as a person and when you see them bag out others on other threads. This is just one way that helps me determine that.

I will reach out to people who have PM'd me and I know they are genuine. Its all fun mate.

I've got thick skin :p

11. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

So that would be trolling then? Rule #6.

WattleIdo, beachgurl and Toon like this.
  12. eletronic_exp0430

Wouldnt classify it as that. Its beneficial for the entire community. It shows how certain people are.

13. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

It certainly shows how you are.

If you allow people to believe that you like to make things up just to stir the pot, then nobody will ever take what you say seriously and by definition, you will no longer be able to add value to the community.

The community appreciates and expects authenticity.

This is one of the reasons why our meetups are so well attended - people can get to know the real people behind the usernames and make genuine connections to real people.

We're not just here to troll each other and have fun - we're here to succeed as investors, to learn and share our experiences.

We expect people to show respect to each other and to add value to the community.

I don't care how successful you believe you have been - if you aren't prepared to put your arrogance aside and genuinely add value without trolling people or putting them down, then you aren't welcome.

WattleIdo, Beano, beachgurl and 13 others like this.
  14. eletronic_exp0430

I agree with all your points. Lets just say some members are also not very genuine and respecting of each other.

Anyway this thread has been far past its purpose and derailed.

15. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I think the PC tribe has spoken......;)

Agree with all your thoughts....I get that people will share their successes as this is about acquiring property...but this is way over the top....

kierank, Toon, Jaik2012 and 2 others like this.
  16. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

That's why I prefer people posting up real figures and numbers to substantiate their claims. In the past I've posted up figures, some of my reno work and etc to back up my claims. My biggest concern is that for someone who's starting off in their property journey, they may get mislead but than again, if they haven't performed their due diligence to check out the information, well it's your fault for being gullible.

Being humble is so important and there is no 'I 'in team. I always give kudos to people that's helped me and for someone to even indicate that they've done it themselves only are joking themselves and deserves a self-administered uppercut to the face.

WattleIdo and kierank like this.
  17. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I understand if people want to keep some things private. I've got no issue with that, however it soon becomes evident when someone is telling porkies and making gross exaggerations.

That's one of the reasons I get really annoyed with the D&G trolls. Valid concerns are fine, but scaremongering and deliberately providing misleading information is not on. I sometimes feel I have a duty of care to protect some of the newbies.

Hehe, I like that! The beauty of this forum is that even the most experienced person can still get something out of it. But this only works if we all work as a team. There is no need to pull out the tape measure to try to prove who has the biggest appendage.

beachgurl, kierank, wylie and 3 others like this.
  18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Posting figures can also work against you unfortunately. The forum is a mixed bag, you really don't know how people will react that is the issue.

MTR:)

skater likes this.
  19. Wukong

Wukong Well-Known Member

Do have to be careful with the forum. Much better when a face is put to the user nick during meet ups. Filtering out the keyboard warriors.

I have a good career, better than average. But when it comes to property portfolio and sacrifices made, am very humbled! Turns me into a mouse at meet ups :)

@eletronic_exp0430 was apparently 32 years old in another thread last week. Then he's 27 or whatever in this thread.

ellejay, Toon and MTR like this.
  20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

OK, I was not paying too much attention, I actually thought he was being truthful, there you go.

At the end of the day, best to paddle your own canoe, and you are only kidding yourself if you are full of BS, no point to it really.

I don't go to any meet ups, just not my thing at all. Though I have now met 3 investors from SS that I network with regularly. Whatever works.

Trolling on a forum wont make you rich:p just creates more work for Simon.

Toon likes this.