Health & Family My health record....

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by hammer, 26th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. vudu

vudu Well-Known Member

Out. Another project run by monkeys.

2. TadhgMor

TadhgMor Well-Known Member

That's a FUD statement, the accuracy has nothing to do with the system.

Its not like your results and data will be input and then change.

Like any system its accuracy is dependent upon the people inputting the data, if your GP gets it wrong then that's his fault , not the system.

As for if the information is correct, then that's also up to who ever or how ever that data was created in the first place. Its entirely possible that someone could "accurately" input incorrect data.

3. Ricki barkham

Ricki barkham Well-Known Member

Why can't the government make a data base and then you give permission for drs to access your information on it?

4. TadhgMor

One of the primary points is to allow the Health Dept to mine the data and be able to see hot spots for various maladies.

With a significant amount of data input they will be able to see if a particular malady has hotspots such as silicosis around mines, cancers around some form of industry, diarrhoea outbreaks around water sources etc. thereby allowing them to tie environmental issues to health as an example.

Ground Zero for many things could be identified with big data.

Additionally it will allow them to see trends is maladies so that money and resources can be brought to bear sooner rather than later as it does now.

I'm sorry to hear you husband has cancer, I hope things turn out OK for you both.

5. TadhgMor

It wont suffer that debacle. That was a system built without any functional load testing and their theory didn't match real world scenarios.

This system has been load tested to 30 million users and it has plenty of headroom to grow.

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The issue is that access is permitted for a wide range of health professionals and allied health professions eg insurance company checking if your disclosure statement match previous health test results (blood test for XYZ) or may adjust your life premium If you don't grant access to your record.