Hi all, My first post - so apologies if I have put this in the wrong place. We are currently in France (wife's academic work) but previously living on the Northern Beaches. She has a new job at Macquarie University and we will be looking to move to the Central Coast - priced out of Sydney, like many, but now also with a family so looking for somewhere not as crazy to settle down. We'll be moving in September with 3 yo & one yet to arrive....so could be interesting. I've seen quite a few threads online about people inquiring with similar circumstances of relocating to the CC. I have read often that there is some great streets and some not so great streets….but also that things are changing.I've also read that the Central Coast is still on the up (generally). Preliminary research is indicating around East Gosford (general geographical area) would be good balance of access to the train (for wife to get to work at Macquarie uni) and access beaches. We are looking at around 500K (quite manageable) - 600K (absolute max.), ideally 4 bed, 2 bath. Of course, some capital growth over time on the, yet to be purchased, family home would be nice too.... In a perfect world we'd love to buy something before moving back and be able to move straight in (especially as we have 3yo boy and one still incubating) BUT I think we realistically have to rent for 3-6 months to feel it out given it will be our family home....BUT, saying that, if a 500K house is likely to go up 40-80K in that waiting time we might be motivated to purchase before returning to Australia. There seems to be some very wise/well informed people on this website so was wondering if there are any thoughts regarding areas to consider and/or the "BUY NOW!" vs. "Just wait"..... Many thanks in advance!