QLD Mount Gravatt East

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sackie, 1st Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Two Bunnings within 10 minutes?
    Spoilt.

Sackie likes this.
  2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Greenacre Sydney has a Bunnings on its East side and a Masters on its West. Though admittedly, Masters will probably disappear at some stage...

3. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Penrith

Google Maps

4. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Three now. I bet the northside bunnings are close to within 10 minutes via the tunnels too

5. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

The interesting thing about this is that further south about another 3 minutes on the same road there is a another Bunnings in the Penrith Homemaker's Centre. Effectively meaning there are 2 Bunnings less than 10 minutes of each other with a Masters shoved in the middle.

bob shovel likes this.
  6. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Two huge Bunnings stores at Underwood less than one km apart. One was a Homemakers store that was taken over by Bunnings. Both still open.
    Marg

7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

There are probably industrial areas in Sydney where there are even more close together.
    A bit unusual for the same brand to be so close.

8. #house

#house Active Member

Have shopped at the JB Hifi before. Surprised to see it turn into a Bunnings, the site looks too small. I suppose if you don't need timber or building materials it might make sense. Personally I'd drive to the one in Mt Gravatt just off Newnham road.

Wouldn't have minded seeing a masters somewhere.

9. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I wonder how long the Masters signs will be around for.

10. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

They already a have a Masters site - is on the cnr of Logan and Creek Rd in Mt gravatt east. Just opposite mt gravatt central shops. But with the masters hoo ha, I'm not sure if will ever be built

gman65 likes this.
  11. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Is that the site that was a Mitre 10 (I think) for many years until very recently... now empty (or might have a pop up furniture store???)

12. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

No, across the road from that. I think that is to become student accommodation, although I heard the council weren't happy and wanted commercial

13. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

We still have a Masters store nearby. Lately we have found Bunnings increasing their prices and cutting down on service.
    Marg

14. #house

#house Active Member

Do you mean at the old Central fair shopping centre opposite Mr Gravatt Plaza?

I did not realise. I'm amazed that Masters built stores way out in Springfield and Richlands before Mt Gravatt. But it sounds like BCC delayed the process for two years and now we miss out on a Masters :(

15. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Where the Crazy Clark's is and whatever other white elephants are in there.

16. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Seems approval just went through in April 2016. Wasn't aware of any issues, but no one would ever actually go in there. Masters there would be awesome.

Might need to google or paste this: couriermail.com.au/questnews/southeast/sale-of-masters-assets-leaves-the-future-of-central-fair-shopping-centre-mt-gravatt-east-in-question/news-story/d93bdc933e16797603a414171054235b

17. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 8.29.28 PM.png

Sackie and HUGH72 like this.
  18. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Those who own IPS in HP and HPW bought 2 or so years ago have a lot to celebrate ;)

Source: Sophie Foster, News Corp Australia Network
    March 21, 2016 11:17am
    No Cookies | The Courier Mail

HOMEOWNERS in these suburbs could be sitting on a small fortune, as new data reveals Queensland’s hottest suburbs.

According to internal data off leading national real estate website, realestate.com.au, Holland Park and Holland Park West were the hottest suburbs in the state for houses.

REA executive general manager Andrew Rechtman said the realestate.com.au Top Sellers’ Markets outlined the Australian suburbs in highest demand from buyers.

“The data tells us if you own a property in one of the top ten, and are considering selling, now is a great time to list on the market,” he said.

“On the flip side, if you’re looking to buy a property, these are the suburbs where you may face hot competition.”

Properties in Holland Park were in such high demand they were seeing averaging 1436 visits online per property, or about 6.5 times the Queensland average of around 222 visits per property.

Holland Park West was averaging 1195 visits per property, according to realestate.com.au. Prices were topping the $1 million mark at the peak level though there were also houses on the market around the high $400,000s.

REA Group internal data from September last year to February this year saw Windsor come up as the third hottest suburb in the state for houses, followed by Coorparoo, Taringa, East Brisbane, Wilston and Gordon Park.
    Gold Coast suburb Burleigh Heads ran in ninth spot with Camp Hill rounding out the top 10 for houses.

Realestate.com.au Queensland sales manager Ben Hodge said certain types of properties were emerging as most popular within that list.

“Over the last six months, we’ve noticed that Queensland property seekers who are considering to buy in one of realestate.com.au’s Top Sellers’ suburbs have been mostly interested in either a two-bedroom house or three-bedroom unit.”

When it came to units, Queensland’s hottest suburb was Paddington in inner city Brisbane followed by Burleigh Waters.

Norman Park, Ashgrove, Windsor, Holland Park, Greenslopes, Miami, Morningside and Kirra made up third to 10th spots for hottest markets for units.

Connie Strano is among those who have put their homes on the market in Holland Park West, seeking offers over $795,000 for her four bedroom home at 250 Bapaume Road.

She said they’d noticed a lot of properties selling in the area but their decision was prompted by the need to downsize as children grew up.

“It’s in a nice position, we’ve got the Mt Gravatt lookout up the road, and bush walks. People are looking for accessibility to the city, being easy to get to, and things to do around the area.”

Her agent Andrew Oostenbrink of Ray White said Holland Park was a “great little pocket” of Brisbane.

“It’s very tightly held. It has a lot of doctors, accountants, lawyers who were in a good financial position through the GFC and now that the market’s moving want to upsize, downsize, or retire.

“We’re doing double digit open homes on weekends, minimum 10 groups, maximum 51 groups not long ago. The market is very busy.”

Queensland still represents good value across the country, with no postcode in the 4000s in the national Top Sellers’ Market list which was dominated by Victoria including Prahran and Hawthorn topping the house list and East Melbourne the hottest on the unit list.

Pumpkin likes this.
  19. TFBoy

TFBoy Well-Known Member

For HP, You will only find houses on Holland rd, Nursery Rd Logan and Cavendish Road for $600k or less now.

Demand for well priced properties are high and often snapped up after 1st open.

20. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Might be a good time to think about a reval/refinance for those holding in MGE. Ran some desktop vals through CBA with my broker today, my newest purchase is up 20% of its purchase price in less than 2 months, and my other is 9% in about 3 months.

Tifoso, wylie, Phantom and 2 others like this.