Sports & Fitness MotoGP

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Davothegreat, 16th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Davothegreat

Davothegreat Well-Known Member

Any MotoGP fans around here? Been a ripper of a season this year. Hope it continues like this right through to the end of the year.

Wish I was going to Phillip Island again this year but sadly can't make it. Went in 2004 and 2012.

Brian84 likes this.
  2. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Yes!!! Motogp and WSB. There's no better sport than bike racing.
    How crazy was last week's race!!!

Brian84 likes this.
  3. Davothegreat

Yep yep. I was pleased for Smith to get another podium, he's had a solid season without being spectacular, though he's demolished Pol fair and square.

And Miller finished a race!

4. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Smith and Redding to get a podium - great result! Although being a Ducatisti i'd have preferred to see a red bike on there... :)

Hopefully Miller matures with experience. If so he will become a top five rider.

WSB this weekend. A new world champion will be crowned!

5. Davothegreat

Caught SBK superpole and race 1 to see Rae clinch the title, good stuff. Missed race 2. Also caught a few minutes of the WEC Bol dor race. A good afternoon's viewing.

MotoGP this weekend in Aragon, should be a good race. Honda have had pace there the past year or 2, if Marquez can get up it could do all sorts to the championship fight between Rossi and Lorenzo. Bring it on!

6. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

WSB was great. Rea has been on fire all season and deserved the title. Stoked to see Davis get the win for the red bikes.

WEC is AWESOME! Shame we don;t get more coverage of this series. Fantastic racing!

Motogp will be a cracker this weekend! Rossi vs. Lorenzo with Marquez in the mix.

7. Davothegreat

What's with Pedrosa's recent showing of form... has been years since he's ridden like this.
    Feel sorry for De Angelis after that horror FP4 crash, not looking good. Apparently has fractured a number of vertebrae among other injuries.

Phillip Island this weekend. Bring it on!

8. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

Yeah yeah! :p

9. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Cannot wait for Sunday!

10. Davothegreat

Phillip Island usually puts on a good show but that race was up there with the Gardner victories in 1989 and 90. What a race!

11. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

@Davothegreat What a race! One of the best that I have ever seen. Ianonne was amazing!

12. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Did you see Rossi intentionally take our Marc!!! This is disgraceful.

13. Davothegreat

Yeah that was an absolute joke. He should have been disqualified from the race at minimum, not given some lame penalty points. Dorna is too soft and don't want to upset their beloved brand booster.

Did you hear that some Italian journos got into a biff at Marquez's house, supposedly trying to hand him a fake cup of ****. Idiots.

Bring on this weekend's showdown, hope Lorenzo gets the championship.

14. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Me too. I'm hoping Lorenzo gets it. Rossi's PR machine is trying to portray Marc as the villian even though Rossi started all of this crap.

I cannot wait for the weekend!

Davothegreat likes this.
  15. Davothegreat

Lorenzo champ, well done son, thoroughly deserved with 7 wins vs Rossi's 4. Rossi wouldn't have bettered 4th place even if he'd have started up the front. Love the conspiracy claims afterwards, Rossi must have forgotten to thank all the riders who pulled over to let him through... Petrucci was the best of those, looked over his shoulder and weaved well out of the way for him.

Despite the Rossi rubbish since Phillip Island, 2015 was one of the best seasons for close racing we've had for many years. 2016 will be an interesting season. Open ECU for all bikes, though I don't expect there to be any change in the pecking order... customer bikes will still be 1 or more evolutions behind in engine spec and some chassis elements. Bring it on!

alexm likes this.
  16. Jkat

Jkat Well-Known Member

Rossi was a sore loser and conveniently forgets that all riders egg each other on. While Marquez may not have been with 'clean hands' he didn't do anything wrong. Rossi is the one who took the bait and actively hurt him. At the end of the day, Stoner's response was really spot on saying that if any other rider had done what Rossi did they would have been banned for the season.

alexm and Davothegreat like this.
  17. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

I would love to go to Phillip Island one day. The only road bike event I have been to was a weekend event at mount panorama called bikes are back or something like that. It was a long time ago.

Davothegreat likes this.
  18. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

I liked this quote from an article on motogp.com

Davothegreat likes this.
  19. Davothegreat

Bikes back in Bathurst in 2000, Easter time? I was there with my Dad. Had a mix of Formula Extreme bikes (basically Oz superbikes) as well as some old BEARS classic bike races. That was a great event, it's a shame they didn't continue it.

Brian84 likes this.
  20. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

Yea that's the one. I was only around 15yo and I still loved it. My uncle was an official there.