"Most Relevant"

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Bayview, 16th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. datto

datto Well-Known Member

They should have a "bogan rating" in that drop down box Say a rating of zero for "clean" and five for "they'll be jumping over your back fence" lol.

2. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

Based on comments there is zero value in 'premium' listing yet whenever someone posts about what sort of marketing they should pay for when selling there is a high % that advise paying for a premium listing.

3. AaronR

AaronR Well-Known Member

"Most Relevant" for search sorting is generally used for one of three things on websites:

A) An actual most relevant result set based on the text/options you have selected or previous usage - This is done via a set of complex algorithms
    B) Display the results that earn the website owner more revenue either through premium listings or vendor/brand sponsored boosting
    C) A combination of A and B

Based on my usage, I think they're using C with a heavy weighting towards the B items.

4. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I agree. As a purchaser, I have never paid any attention to premium listings. I wonder if any other buyers pay attention to it?

qak likes this.
  5. Michael Ziegler

Michael Ziegler Member

There is a way to find out when a property was listed on Real Estate Dot Com. Once you find the subject property click on the agents profile, you will have to scroll through their listings but once you find the property there it will have a list date... Your welcome...

qak likes this.
  6. Michael Ziegler

Michael Ziegler Member

"Most Relevant" on the real estate site has NO relevance to the consumer using the site. It is purely based on the amount of money spent by the real estate agent on the particular property and when that property was listed.

7. Michael Ziegler

Michael Ziegler Member

It is purely based on the highest amount of money paid by the agent or the vendor to list the property, the second way the most relevant search works is when a property is "boosted" to the top of the listings and once again this depends on how much money is invested in the marketing spend.

8. Michael Ziegler

Michael Ziegler Member

This is a great question, I would also love to know the answer to this question.

9. Michael Ziegler

Michael Ziegler Member

10. Michael Ziegler

Michael Ziegler Member

Domain does tell you this information under the property description nowdays and on the Agents profile on Real Estate Dot com you will find the date a property was listed.

11. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

My understanding is that premium listings stay at the top or close to the top. They drop further down and rotate with other premium listings but stay close to top. Apparently people often don’t get past page 2.

12. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I think it makes more sense to view properties on websites using map view.
    For starters you see where the property is located. And if any has "address not disclosed", it's less likely to be a brilliant location anyway?

13. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I cant see option for most relevant. I have price low / high and high/low, featured (agents pay extra), date listed old / newer and also next auction or next sale. Then you can map/ list view same results in each. But maps doesnt show all homes if they arent mapped but it shows a issue. In my example I see 40 listed but 28 on map as some are surrounding and filtered out of list but arent on map for postcode. And switching can lose the postcode filter so then you get garbage. ie Out of area ? yet I have unticked surrounding on inital list search but when you go to map it ignores this.

Premium just pushes paid listings higher for extra $$$. Like ebay/google etc.

Most relevant allows a signed in person to nominate expected features and it will try to show these in prerefence to those that may not have all such features eg A/C, Pool etc