Most people ..... Who should you listen too ?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by See Change, 21st Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@See Change / Cliff how did you know if Tezok is John ?

2. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

See that's the funny thing, never say never ;) I already know I will buy a commercial premise 'off the plan' 2 years from now, but it won't settle for 4.

Just depends ;)

3. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

We all did. Your style is the same.

ej89 and Tekoz like this.
  4. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@Bran Cool, so yes... I'm now have repent from my previous sin and reborn as TekOZ.

WattleIdo and Bran like this.
  5. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

I didn't, I must not be following closely enough.

Bran likes this.
  6. Pistonbroke

Pistonbroke Well-Known Member

Now that's a strategy. Buying otp commercial where there'll be a number of unsold and unoccupied premises years after completion.

7. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

No sin to be enthusiastic

Cliff

Tekoz likes this.
  8. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

It's not a strategy, and certainly not one related to property per se. It's a very specific premise in a completely landlocked location that I need for business expansion, along with everyone else desperate for it, and once we get it we keep it. There will never be any unsold, nor unoccupied. And nor has there ever been. There is ZERO turnover of current stock, and ZERO vacancy.

Tekoz and See Change like this.
  9. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

One persons " luck " is someone else's knowledgable and thought out buy .

Cliff

10. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I nearly finished my post with, "invest where you know best".

Tekoz likes this.
  11. Pistonbroke

Pistonbroke Well-Known Member

Bran
    Bran, that paints a totally different photocopy. A site which has limited demand or purpose built on a turnkey is not the same as an otp which is built on spec by a developer.

If it's landlocked how can there be so much demand? Landlocked in the context meaning having very limited scope to redevelop without amalgamation with another already (redeveloped) site or access constraints.

Last edited: 18th Jul, 2015
  12. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Hi Pistonbroke - I'm not willing to give away details, but it was a comment that one can never say never.

Landlocked in the sense that there is no land. Vacant or otherwise. A redevelopment is required of a site that is already highly developed. Supply is not driven by demand, but those demanding it have been waiting as long as 10 years, and have had to seek alternatives, which by definition are immediately inferior.

We all know many opportunities never make it to market.

13. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

Tekoz likes this.
  14. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

People,

So I've subscribed and read this website articles weekly:

but somehow it is contradicting one over the other in terms of next big growth suburbs in Sydney NSW area. Both mentions about Riverstone 2765, but this week says it is good potential investment suburbs while last week said that Riverstone is a risky place to invest ?

Can someone please clarify who should you lsiten to ?

15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Tekoz Two different authors. Two different takes. One says "Emerging suburb", the other one says "highest risk suburbs due to default'.

This is where thorough DD comes in from a variety of sources and not only looking at two peoples opinions. Look at stats, numbers, demographics, reports, CG history, rental yields, SOM, Discount % rate, distance to CBD, neighbouring suburbs price, talk to REAs, etc etc. Then you will be able to put all the pieces to the puzzle together and make a more informed decision. With some practice, all that can actually be done in a few hours. Never only look at 1 or 2 pieces of material and make a decision, Generally, when the numbers, stats, qualitative data, reports and opinions all head in the same direction, it increases your chances of it being reliable.

Tekoz likes this.
  16. Ben Wilkie

Ben Wilkie Member

Hi seal I am relatively new to this forum aswell head to the recourse and info section lots of great titles but my biggest learning curve was from this forum and somersoft still is, also don't be afraid to ask many a stupid question to the more experience investors on the site you will find there is a wealth of knowledge out there and a lot of really nice people aswell.

Welcome