QLD Moreton Region University

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Angel, 31st Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Rico is a lovely young gentleman. At my age, you boys is all lovely young gentlemen! He lives in Logan. Wanted to check out the better side of town. We didn't get ta Kallangur though, so far away.

Tractors: Well there are green ones and red ones. Which color do you prifer?
    Now don't let that country bumpkin image fool you. When I worked at the Caboolture Tafe, I had to teach them kids from Kilcoy how to use computers since they didn't have any in their school back in them old days. They came into the real town for thems edumacation. Diploma of Justis it was, fine kiddies, goin in to the police service an all.

Weis having the urban kuntry music festival soon. Troy's picture is on the Moreton Bay Council Website too. Whose that other one? He married your Nicole and doesn't call Caboolture home no more. Kurt, no Keith, that's right, nice boy he was before he went all Merican on us.

Now where was I? O that's right, the tractor yard is just in front of that new Yunivercity thingee. Shame bout all them jobs lost at the paper mill, you no. Been closed down no0w fur years. Still a fews pine trees in the area too, I seen them and cows, loved the cows there.

Last edited: 31st Mar, 2016
  2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Yaz keepin wif the timz, kiddo.
    Weez seen it wif our own eyes. yestaday. knew I shudda inserted that Pictsha from the paper last week. here it iz:

Attached Files:

Last edited: 31st Mar, 2016
  3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Yes thank you. I'm feeling much better this morning.
    Sorry, I got it all wrong. School kids don't use as much punctuation as I did last night.

Something that was strange about our little drive on Tuesday was that when we stopped a big white ute outside my old house, no one came out onto their front verandas to stare at us. Previously I encountered two big flanno-clad gentlemen with a coffee mug in one hand and a bourbon can in the other. Maybe they were intrigued by my Atlantic blue sports car but the ute just didn't rate?

Mr Dabolina likes this.
  4. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

Taku Ekanayake likes this.
  5. Jacob1

Jacob1 Member

I love the northern growth corridor of Brisbane, personally think it is currently one of the best areas in Australia to invest.

- Moreton Bay rail link due to complete mid-2016 (1.15bn infrastructure injection)
    - North Lakes medical precinct
    - North Lakes $230m Westfield expansion to make it the largest in QLD
    - North Lakes business park which includes IKEA, Costco, Bunnings, Masters etc.
    - USC Petrie campus - confirmed to match serviceability of Sippy Downs campus

Awesome area with great population projections driven by affordability and now proximity to amenity & transport to Brissy.

DCTY likes this.
  6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Bigger than Chermside?
    Crikey.

7. Jacob1

Jacob1 Member

My apologies, my memory did me a disservice; 'one of Queensland's largest' - I will have to get the exact figures to confirm. I know Chermside recently announced another upgrade aswell.

North Lakes/Mango Hill/Petrie etc just doesn't have the apartment over supply!

8. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

No wuckas, I actually don't even know if Chermside is the biggest, just assumed.

9. jchan86

jchan86 Well-Known Member

North Lakes is growing however I'm certain Chermside is bigger; it was a $355million dollar re-development on top of what they already have

Westfield Chermside Redevelopment | BrisbaneDevelopment.com

Scentre Group

Australia’s Top 20 favourite Shopping Centres

Chadstone in Melbourne and Westfield Parramatta in Sydney are the clear kingpins of destination retail—but not all shopping centres appeal to the same crowds, a new State of the Nation Retail Spotlight from Roy Morgan Research shows.

In the financial year to June 2015, 16.5 million Australians 14+ (85%) shopped at one or more shopping centres in an average four week period. Chadstone was the top destination, with 396,000 Australians a month dropping some dollars there, just ahead of Westfield Parramatta with 385,000.

Also making the top five shopping centres by their average four-week customer volume are Melbourne Central (307,000), Westfield Chermside in Brisbane (303,000) and—just 15km north of Chadstone—Westfield Doncaster (290,000).

Melbourne is home to eight of the top 20 shopping centres overall, with Highpoint, Northland, Bourke Street Mall, Fountain Gate and Knox City each hosting over a quarter of a million shoppers a month. Another five of the top 20 are in Sydney and four are in Brisbane, with Rundle Mall in Adelaide, Westfield Carousel in Perth and Robina Town Centre on the Gold Coast rounding out the list.

mcarthur likes this.
  10. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

I saw tractors in Logan today, more flash than the Petrie ones hahaha... Reminds me of my farming days in Moree NSW....

IMAG2038.jpg

11. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

That's a very good question. Has resulted in a great government precinct with nice trees around. But very valid question