Mens’ Watches

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Harry30, 1st Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    [​IMG]

Take that springdrive!
    Took me a while to make that little gif . Good fun though :)

Forgot to mention one of the coolest thing about this movement is that when you bring the watch to your ear you can hear a “hum” from the tuning fork. There is nothing like it and it’s damn cool.

Last edited: 8th Sep, 2019
    willair likes this.
  2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Bought one like the above from the Police Seized one week ago in Brisbane still in the box with a receipt inside the box for $ 550.. for $60.00 ..plus $15 to get the band reset ..
    https://www.mcdonaldauctions.com.au/

3. iwantahouse

iwantahouse Member

After years of having different kind of watches (not expensive ones) I decided not to have a watch anymore and just rely on my mobile phone.

I decided to simplify my life and spendings and focus in property which is something I hope to achieve.

Not trying to look smart, just wanted to give my opinion. I can say I have enjoyed this forum heaps.

4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I think a mobile phone does the job admirable in many cases as a functional timepiece - after all it has pretty much all the functions such as alarm, timer world time etc etc.

For my job however, pulling out a mobile phone is not very practical (lecturing, presenting) and I much prefer a watch,

Further, when I travel, I can be in places for extended periods where there is no power point available to charge my phone - and if there is, it gets used charging my camera battery :p

The Y-man

lamecrocs and iwantahouse like this.