Melbourne...the steady market in Australia?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by sash, 18th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Soul

Soul Well-Known Member

A P9 school proposed for Featherbrook will open in 2017.

New School to Deliver More Classrooms, More Choices in Point Cook | Jill Hennessy

melbournian likes this.
  2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

@Soul that's good news as it is close to featherbrook center.

"Point Cook South – Prep to Year 9 will be built adjacent to the Featherbrook Community Centre and recreational reserve, providing an exciting social infrastructure hub for families and residents."

3. pinewood

pinewood Well-Known Member

According to John Linderman, Melbourne is still the market to be in, his stats show that Melb would be a better state to invest than Brisbane. Apparently there are some suburbs with huge opportunities still.

MTR and Tekoz like this.
  4. Wukong

Wukong Well-Known Member

Been hearing Woodlea estate is very active with Sydney investors, gone from queues during releases to now balloting. For those who are buying to stay, it's mainly Indians.

5. ross100

ross100 Well-Known Member

Sash have you bought any in Infinity Plumpton Vic 3335, also is it worth buying in this area or better off in point cook

6. adrian_christian

adrian_christian Well-Known Member

Hi, What is your entry point budget wise?

7. melbournian

had a look at this Plumpton it seems a bit pricey for home and land packages it is 30kms away from melbourne just after caroline springs. you can get the same prices in pt cook with possibly 10% less land than what you would pay there. I think Plumpton is what point cook was maybe 3-4 years ago infra wise.

Tekoz likes this.
  8. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Is it existing house or new OTP/H&L Package ?

9. sash

sash Well-Known Member

No I am focusing on the Southeast..plumpton prices are crazy...

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I would have to agree with Linderman on this as well.
    Some gems totally undervalued in Melb. I think investors have just hooked on to Brissy for some reason and ignoring better prospects in Melb.

pinewood and Tekoz like this.
  11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I betted on both...even holdings from this Sat.... :)

But agree with you.....Melb is like an Everyready battery..it keeps going....

MTR likes this.
  12. AusMover

AusMover Well-Known Member

Talking about Point Cook Estates, the Alamanda Estate is a great one with its Alamanda K-9 Govt School getting increasingly popular among the young Chinese & Indian crowd there.... I am hearing stories about people selling their homes in other estates to buy a house in the Alamanda School Zone..... The SOHO local shopping centre is also coming up there ..... However, Alamanda has a few disadvantages like being slightly far away from the Freeway touch.... Still, very popular because of Govt School zoning.... and still just about affordable (as compared to Sanctuary Lakes estate)...

13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I believe Alamanda is a Villawood estate correct?

14. melbournian

@AusMover great news I dun really notice these kind of info as I'm not that local to the area. All I know is that featherbrook shopping complex opened. It is always good news Chinese and Indians kids going into schools as their parents normally push them harder. The only thing I know is alamanda has an annual fee something like a body Corp to cover the parks and landscape ?

15. melbournian

Which areas are u targeting when down in Melbourne and how long will u be around ? I like to get some insight on interstate purchasers as I have never purchased interstate before and I really spend time to study all the variables visiting the same area week after week. I have purchased overseas though in uk and Malaysia before but that was a bit diff

16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I am targeting Southeast this time...and some Geelong suburbs.

3 days of running around visiting quite a few estates....

PM if you have questions on other states.. Perth is definitely a look in from next year....great opportunity to get bargains....

17. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Some places look alright, but a lot seems priced so you will be behind he 8 ball, even with the cheaper stuff, seems like similar to other places outside Sydney, 30ks out is regional, or is like what Campbelltown was to Sydney years ago.

I am all ears and eyes though.

PS whats the go with some councils that allow buildings to be built next to each other with what looks like a 6-12 inch gap between the walls ? so both properties have yard facing each other or walls next to each other, if that makes sense.

18. AusMover

AusMover Well-Known Member

Yes, that's correct Sash.

19. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Melbourne is decentralizing very quickly..........that will drive jobs away from the CBD.....at the same time fast links from regional cities (i.e Geelong) are also being established into Melbourne.

The high rate of immigrants from Asia...seem to love the new homes as opposed to the older homes closer to the city. Suburbs are being transformed similar to Sydney.

As for the small lot homes...Sydney is 20 years behind Perth and Melbourne....where this product is positively driving affordability and sustainability of the markets there.

20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yes..thought so...have one almost built in Villawood Mt Duneed and another in Trillium in the North. Same concept...