Melbourne Subdivisions - Is this block workable?

Discussion in 'Development' started by dan_89, 24th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dan_89

dan_89 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Copying from SS thread as it seems people have lost interest in posting there :(

Looking for advice/guidance on getting things moving for a potential subdivision in Melbourne South Eastern suburbs. For some background info, I have discussed the feasibility of funding the project with my broker. All looks good but hoping to keep the whole process under $350k..

Given I am only in the very initial stages I would like to know if anyone here can help me with some guidance on dual occ builds on similar shape (skinny frontage which opens out at rear). Ideally I would love to look at a few plans showing how others have worked with their blocks to get through planning stage.

Attached below survey plans (No.9).

Looking to retain the existing renovated home and build 3/3/2 town house on rear. Given the position of existing home I may only be able to fit single carport/garage for existing. In which case the existing home would have to be noted as a 2 bedroom. (currently 2 bed + study but could be considered a bedroom).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. 380

380 Well-Known Member

@dan_89

what;s a zoning of the block?

is it worth while removing house to make a room for more dwellings?

if not,

one option you can look at,
    Extend the driveway,.. use end of the existing house to create a garage for old and new home and build a new h 3x2X2 (one in garage, one on driveway)

few other options too!

Last edited: 24th Jun, 2015
  3. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

Can't you put a double carbay, carport in front of the house 90 degrees to the driveway? Or have another crossover for existing house?
    Or if council wont allow, then a double bay at the rear?

4. James Cavill

James Cavill Well-Known Member

An additional crossover on a narrow frontage in what looks to be a court bowl is unreasonable. You need to have a chat to a Planner and an Architect (Both Registered) regarding your options. They will give you a better idea of not only what can be done from a design perspective, but what is reasonable considering the planning provisions and neighbourhood character. From a design perspective there are a few different options you could chase but you wont know what you can actually do until you have a chat to some professionals.

Tufan Chakir likes this.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF