Melbourne Subdivisions - Is this block workable?

Discussion in 'Development' started by dan_89, 24th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dan_89

    dan_89 Well-Known Member

    22nd Jun, 2015
    Hi All,

    Copying from SS thread as it seems people have lost interest in posting there :(

    Looking for advice/guidance on getting things moving for a potential subdivision in Melbourne South Eastern suburbs. For some background info, I have discussed the feasibility of funding the project with my broker. All looks good but hoping to keep the whole process under $350k..

    Given I am only in the very initial stages I would like to know if anyone here can help me with some guidance on dual occ builds on similar shape (skinny frontage which opens out at rear). Ideally I would love to look at a few plans showing how others have worked with their blocks to get through planning stage.

    Attached below survey plans (No.9).

    Looking to retain the existing renovated home and build 3/3/2 town house on rear. Given the position of existing home I may only be able to fit single carport/garage for existing. In which case the existing home would have to be noted as a 2 bedroom. (currently 2 bed + study but could be considered a bedroom).

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Attached Files:

  2. Be Developer

    Be Developer Property Developer Business Member

    19th Jun, 2015

    what;s a zoning of the block?

    is it worth while removing house to make a room for more dwellings?

    if not,

    one option you can look at,
    Extend the driveway,.. use end of the existing house to create a garage for old and new home and build a new h 3x2X2 (one in garage, one on driveway)

    few other options too!
    Last edited: 24th Jun, 2015
  3. HD_ACE

    HD_ACE Game-Changer Premium Member

    18th Jun, 2015
    Can't you put a double carbay, carport in front of the house 90 degrees to the driveway? Or have another crossover for existing house?
    Or if council wont allow, then a double bay at the rear?