VIC Melbourne - frankston vs boronia

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Roger Right There, 13th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. VG2031

VG2031 Member

That's interesting! I haven't really seen many come in this area lately. Although there are loads coming up around the Hospital and Monash UNI area and within the Frankston High School zone. How would this area compare with the Golden Triangle and Long Island? What's the long island area in Frankston? Thanks once again :).

2. alicudi

alicudi Well-Known Member

Hi

Gould Street, some houses have beach frontage and some houses that face Kananook creek have their own boat ramps and jetties.

Regards,

alicudi

VG2031 likes this.
  3. VG2031

VG2031 Member

Thanks heaps for your response @alicudi, I really appreciate it :).

4. johnmteliza

johnmteliza Well-Known Member

Frankston is definitely the best option out of the 2. Frankston is like a little city in itself. You will also find commuting to Moorabbin more direct via Peninsula Freeway or Nepean Highway. Plus the coming Mordialloc Freeway should ease the traffic in the next few years and help you adjust. You can even take the train or bus to Moorabbin if you don't like driving. However, the train will essentially shut off next year due to level crossing works. I wouldn't call Frankston the most family orientated area though. Frankston has undergone immense development in the past year with more new infrastructure spending to come.

Alternatively the Mornington Peninsula is the better option and may remind you of the Hunter Valley. It is the perfect escape on the city fringe and the most ideal spot for you is Mornington. You could definitely get into Mornington with 600k- 700k budget. Mornington is like the CBD of the whole area and has many amenities which will likely provide a similar appeal which attracted you to Frankston. The difference is that it is more family orientated and has very spacious living for a family lifestyle. The traffic isn't as crazy and it is renowned for providing a more expansive and rural like lifestyle near the beach. It is only 3 suburbs over from Frankston so it wouldn't add much to your travel time anyway. However, Mornington will be a much safer area for your family than the other two suburbs. It may not appear worth it on distance alone but you really need to explore the area for yourself to see why I suggest the Mornington Peninsula. Lastly, the Mornington Peninsula is an investment hot spot with a strong property market which may be important to you. Generally the south-east of Melbourne is a wise choice so either way it shouldn't be too bad.

VG2031 likes this.
  5. jazzsidana

jazzsidana Well-Known Member

Prices all around Melbourne have gone up a lot in the last few years. I bought one in Frankston 5 years ago and it's gone up by 70% approx.

One of the good estates in Frankston is Whistletop estate. Warrawee cct in that estate backs the golf course... Buying something with decent block size can lead to subdivisions/development potential ..

Being close to water/wineries/freeway and landlock, it's surely going to help with future growth!..

Cheers,

VG2031 likes this.
  6. GoneFishing

GoneFishing Well-Known Member

Frankston\Frankston South without a doubt. It's gone gang-busters over the last couple of years and it's held up well over the last 6 months whilst Melbourne has dipped. In my experience, outer suburbs take longer to catch up in a rising market, but also don't drop as much when the market goes South. Fantastic long term investment given the infrastructure, close to beach, freeway, good schools, access to peninsula, etc. I go up there regularly and it's changed heaps - has a great feel about it. If you can find something which you can develop, preferably a corner block, around the Foot street shops(beach side), you will do very, very well long term. Good luck with whatever you choose.