'Measured up' floor plans service - Perth

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Big Daddy, 3rd Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend any companies that provide a service to create floor plans of an existing house including nternal room dimensions, door locations, window dimensions and location plus the distance of the dwellings walls to the side/front/rear boundary?

I wanted to use this floor plan so i can personally sketch on a garage and an alfresco (i dont believe i need a designer) and so i know exactly how big each room is so i can think about furniture placement. The floor plan needs to be good enough so i can submit to council for DA and shop around for a builder to get quotes. Im not sure if those companies that create floor plans for RE marketing will be sufficient as i believe some just use their phone with an app?

I have done many developments but not major renovations. Is this the correct way to undertake such a process?

Alot of the sruveying companies do not do internal measurements.

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I know Cottage and LandSurveys will do the internal stuff as I've used them before for this.

There are plenty of companies that will do internal floorplans like the ones on forsale but I don't think they would be able to marry them up with the external survey so could be used for DA purposes.

3. Big Daddy

I spoke to Cottage yesterday and they said they don't do internal floor plans. I will speak to Land Surveys.

Thanks

4. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Why not use a designer? A lot of guys are looking for work.

5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

This is true. You might be able to engage a draftie to edit the DWG from the external survey and add in the internal stuff on an hourly rate.

Ross Forrester likes this.
  6. UrbanPlanner

UrbanPlanner Well-Known Member

Mayes Drafting | does them for majority of REA around Perth. I know Allan that runs the business as he's done work for me in the past. I think he does them extremely cheap which is why the service has snowballed.

7. Big Daddy

Thanks. I'll check out Mayes. If I'm going to pay a designer then I would be seeking 3d renders as well.

Thanks