Mayfair Homes Construction Company

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by hozi, 16th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hozi

hozi Well-Known Member

Has anyone had dealings with this company.
    They seem to be prominent in ACT

TIA

chief wigam likes this.
  2. chief wigam

chief wigam Active Member

Yes I also came across Mayfair. MAYFAIR Property

I spoke to them and they said they project manage developments. They apply a finder's fee for the site and then a fee for construction phase. Strange thing is they asked me to send the entire deposit for land, stamp duty, legals and construction deposit, both of their finders and PM fees etc at the start even though nothing has yet been purchased yet and construction would not start for another 6-9 months.

3. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

They sound a bit like property spruikers, referring you to people and charging a fee as well as getting commissions, aka double-dipping.

chief wigam likes this.
  4. chief wigam

chief wigam Active Member

Hi Colin,

They gave sent me an email saying that the cheapest build cost they can get at the moment is $2250/m2 and this is for North Mel - so is incredibly high - it's the price for high end build but I suspect this would be average build where the PM takes a cut from the builder. They have said they have no relationship with the builder and I have therefore said I would use my own builder to get a lower cost per sq m. I am awaiting their reply.

Colin Rice likes this.
  5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

They arent a builder. More a cat fish looking to take a cut anyway they can. I would consider more direct ways to buy.

chief wigam likes this.