NSW Marsden Park~ good option for investors

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by SteffS, 28th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. SteffS

SteffS Well-Known Member

With all boom in/around Elara, Marsden Park, what do people think about HnL package (under $800k) as investment option?

prepareLaserBeam likes this.
  2. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Imo, sounds like alot of money, and big repayments too.

3. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

If your looking around the Marsden park areas look at Tregear, Willmot, Shalvey etc....these areas are around the $500k mark and they will grow. One the business park is complete and M7/M4 Westconnex is done and once the new airport is done - I can see these prices moving up to $750k or more.

These suburbs are cleaning up and its inevitable they will grow. Huge infra projects going in and around there plus they are the only suburbs in the entire of Sydney left around the $500k mark with house and land.

I can see the price have grown there in the last 2 months by a considerable margin just by going by RE average price indicators. In these suburbs you will probably get the best ROI as well because the capital is low.

wombat777 likes this.
  4. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Do you own any there? What kind of tenants do you get?

5. eletronic_exp0430

Yes I do. I own 5 in those areas. I'll be quite honest with you - i never had issues with tenants there. They pay on time and no issues.

I have more problems with tenants in Parramatta, Ryde and Pymble.

6. hash_investor

What kind of tenants do you have? Thats what I wanted to know. The demographics... Immigrants or locals?

7. eletronic_exp0430

All Locals. Why does that matter? As long as they are quality and pay up who cares where they come from?

8. hash_investor

Locals in that area are rarely quality. Some south asian immigrants may be quality in that area

9. Michael Barnes

Michael Barnes Active Member

I have one in Hebersham next door - young Aussie family, they are great. Been in there since 2014. Never had any problems and always pay on time... Still good value as far as land goes but given how far we've come in the current cycle can't really see it hitting 750k in the next couple of years...

10. eletronic_exp0430

You'll be pleasantly surprised I say. I bought in Colyton for $300k flat less than 4 years ago. Its now over $600k value easily. Colyton was considered not much better than these suburbs back then.

You will see when Marsden Park business park completely finishes and Ikea/Costco and all those mega brands move there along with all the companies (its going to be a lot larger than norwest business park). ALL these suburbs will grow. One piece of advice dont sell your Hebersham house. :)

Michael Barnes likes this.
  11. hash_investor

Colyton is a bit far from Marsden Park though. A lot of cheaper suburbs close by. What do you think about Deans Park?

12. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that Colyton is comparable to the worst suburbs of Mt Druitt. When I was buying, prices were much lower on the north side of the highway.

bob shovel likes this.
  13. eletronic_exp0430

14. prepareLaserBeam

prepareLaserBeam New Member

Thanks for starting the thread Steffs.

We have a batle axe block in Horizon , bought for 455K , settled in March this year.

I got ut values and the banks came back with 475 , a real estate agency was interested in 520 as well - so definitely some growth there. Lots of my friends are buying up there.

Whats interesting is that everyone wants a piece of Elara , even though its farther from Costco etc as compared to Horizon , for example.

15. RedHat

RedHat Well-Known Member

Not surprised!
    Parra uptill Blacktown is housing lot of hard working skilled migrants most of them are double income.West is surely changing

16. eletronic_exp0430

Yep. All the guys I work with in my team are from the western suburbs and they are on well over 6 figure salary most over $150k a year easily. Mostly Indian and Asian background their work ethic is second to none.

A lot live as far out as Penrith or even further towards Blue Mountains. A bunch are from St Marys/Colyton area - these areas are not like the same as before.

Last edited: 16th Jul, 2017
    prepareLaserBeam likes this.
  17. sumterrence

sumterrence Well-Known Member

I bought a land in Marsden Park for $418k, on settlement the bank valued at $490k!! Now I can't wait to have our house finish!!!

eletronic_exp0430 likes this.
  18. eletronic_exp0430

Yep. I've been seeing everything around Sydney Business Park (Marsden Park) grow alot recently. In fact I saw the moving averages of anything less than $700k jump between last month's average and this months average.

I dont even think the FHOB figures are included yet. I'll bet these suburbs close to Marsden Park will increase another $100k by Christmas time.

19. eletronic_exp0430

You guys probably saw channel 7 news just then. Update on Marsden park business park Stage 2 underway now, new hotel to be built there, a heap of office spaces, huge list of shops, eateries and cafes and 30,000 jobs. That's huge and awesome for all investors around there. From last time I checked that's more than double the jobs when compared to Baulkham Hills business park.

Man I kind of wish I bought more investments in Colyton, St Marys and even the entire 2770 postcode now. Even more confident in the continual growth of greater western Sydney.

Wait until M7 upgrade and Westconnex finishes, plus the new airport and Marsden Park business hub. Damn big things happening in the west.

sumterrence likes this.
  20. sumterrence

sumterrence Well-Known Member

I just drove there last weekend and Costco has already completed with its own petrol station too, official opening will be on the 30th August. I'm excited!!!!!

eletronic_exp0430 likes this.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.