Marrickville - new development mirvac

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by tangy, 12th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tangy

tangy Well-Known Member

hi all

I've always been eying on marrickville and I am really keen on the new marrick and co development on the old hospital site which just launched this weekend. Looks like Ike the point of difference (besides the price...) with this one is that the apartments would activate a lot of community space with a library and community hall.

Would love to know everyone's thoughts on the area and growth? Especially ppl who live there. I know there r a few developments coming online in the area and surrounds. (Luna, ode..and two other private ones). The metro lines will help boost the area.

My only worry is that I am not sure how much more prices can go up. 1 br starts from $615 with no parking and 2 bedrooms/1bth/1parking start from $905. I do trust in the Mirvac brand compared to other developers and I know some ppl will pay premium for the brand.

Thanks all!!

2. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Do a search on here for OTP (it means off the plan). Go grab a cuppa, and settle in.

Once you've read a few threads tell us if you think its still a good idea....

3. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

If you are going to buy apartments, Mirvac is one of the better developers out there.

I also went to the consultation with Mirvac on Marrick and Co. I think Marrickville is a great place for further gentrification. The design is quite good with the library

However given restricted lending I have decided to look for another IP at Melbourne instead.

Ross Forrester and tangy like this.
  4. tangy

tangy Well-Known Member

Thank u for ur feedback, it does look like one of the better developments in the area- good luck with ur Melb ip

5. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

I can write as a Marrickville local. This development is a whole different level for the suburb. It's Mirvac in combination with two good architects: one for the library and community stuff, and one for the residential. The location of this development is very good.
    The price growth in Marrickville has been nuts, so who knows whether it has more growth in it short term. There will probably be a bit of a pull back. Long term, Marrickville will keep going.
    Scott

Ross Forrester and tangy like this.
  6. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

The 2 bedders seem overpriced. I'm pretty sure I've seen some 3 bedders sell for around that price (~950k or so).

7. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

Yep, they are certainly expensive. More expensive than anything ever offered locally. It will be interesting to see how the sales go.