Marketing Analysis....Who would buy this?

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by hammer, 1st Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Read this in the Local Newspaper today...
    http://www.ntnews.com.au/realestate/upbeat-on-stage-two-of-avenue/story-fnk4wt05-1227506757030

What I don't understand is....Why? I can't for the life of me figure out who would buy overpriced (they say "low priced" in the article but this is not accurate) stage 2 OTP units, in a way oversupplied tanking unit market from administrators?

I'm new to this so I could be missing something?
    Who would buy these units?
    And why announce this information to the press?

Any experienced people out there with any ideas? I'm sure that I'm missing something here and I'm willing to learn. Thanks!

----

PROMINENT Darwin property development family the Osbornes will make an announcement in coming weeks regarding stage two of The Avenue development.

Osborne Family Holdings managing director Kerry Osborne said despite the holding company being placed into administration, the family remains on the lookout for a financial backer to help develop stage two of the Salonika St development.

The statement comes following the messy June breakup of Dabford Pty Ltd, the joint venture between the Osborne’s and the interstate partners in the firm.

Last edited by a moderator: 3rd Sep, 2015
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

1.the unsuspecting
    2. The vulnerable
    3. The unsavvy

There is plenty of supply of the above imo.

3. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Reminds me of those two-tier marketing schemes up in QLD years ago, being sold to interstate investors who had no idea of values etc.