Managing/Tracking property or multiples

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by dabbler, 17th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I have used a basic calender, email reminders and other electronic systems for things like, insurance renewals, council rates, water, maintenance, lease end dates etc, but went off looking for something that may have been better and less clunky and more dedicated, I will admit I have not spent huge amount of time, but what I found is systems that are too complex aimed at the self PM.

Have you found anything really simple, in the electronic world that is, anything ? maybe even a script or add on for thinks like joomla, wordpress or other PHP CRM,CMS

I guess a better electronic calender just for property may work pretty well, or maybe a spreadsheet that you check monthly.

What have you found that is simple and without the fees of complex systems, to track and stay up to date with your property or multiples ?

2. citystar

citystar Well-Known Member

I use a spreadsheet for bills due so I can easily see how much is due in the next few weeks or month. As I pay a bill I adjust the date to the next cycle (monthly, quarterly, annual) and cut and paste it down within the spreadsheet to the new date due. This spreadsheet includes non bill related events like Routine Inspections, Smoke Alarm servicing, and lease renewals as a general reminder. This way if a bill goes missing on it's way to the PO Box I can be proactive and chase it up to avoid something like landlord insurance lapsing.