Making Low balll Offers on Rural land

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by pjames, 12th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

I scored a place via lowballing last year.

I picked a market and watched it like a hawk.

Over time you see the same listings cone and go, Price drops..you can see which agents list high and which ones use crap photos etc.

It takes time to build up the picture. Eventually though, you can read between the lines and you'll know which properties to target.

That was my experience anyways...

pjames likes this.
  2. pjames

pjames Well-Known Member

I have been studying certain properties for over a week now and getting to know a lot more. I have started to put them all into a database now with all the details I can find on each one. When I'm ready to buy I will know exactly what one to make an offer on first.

The 2 main real estate sites are still pretty bad to search on. with RE its a lucky draw what you get, nothing is in order or does it search properly. It's hard to imagine what idiots develop these busy sites. They have not improved at all in the last 7 years, they are still as bad as they were in 2010. I feel sorry for investors who have been using them for years. The only way around it to make sure you don't miss any properties is to search with various ways. I have found many of the other small sites to be worth checking too.

Last edited: 15th Apr, 2017