Mail bombs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lizzie, 27th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Obama's countries of concern list wasn't a blanket ban of everybody from that country. There was a higher probability of people potentially being of a threat, and people had to apply for a visa rather than just get a visa waiver.

Lizzie likes this.
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

I didn't. It was not a question about Germans in general, it was specifically about German Nazis. Do you think the US should have let in members of the German Nazi party, who were generally good people and did not follow the extreme beliefs and actions of some party members?

I understand the US turned away boats of German Jews which was obviously regrettable.

FWIW I think extreme vetting is probably a better way to go (rather than a blanket ban) e.g. let in persecuted Christians from those countries on the list.

Race is defined by physical characteristics, not a border.

MTR likes this.
  3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

That's not the question. I thought we were talking about countries. But I don't think they should have let in active Nazis. I don't know if they knowingly did.

I was with you until you singled out a religion as being inherently better than another. I wouldn't have thought that this is what Christianity teaches, for instance.

Technically that's correct. But I don't believe that anybody should be treated differently on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or whatever. Within those parameters, one needs to look at the individual as a person, and not assign characteristics based on other factors.

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
    Lizzie likes this.
  4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

This thread isn't really about politics - it is about the actions of a single person and the links that people are trying to make to actions or words of some politicians.

Given that none of the posts after the first mention has actually been about the mail bombs - and given how many posts have already been removed because they were off topic (not about the mail bombs OR about politics) - I'm going to close the thread, it's not going anywhere and is only going to cause issues.

Ambit, MTR, Lizzie and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.