Lot with 200-400mm land fill

Discussion in 'Development' started by humptydumpty, 25th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. humptydumpty

humptydumpty Active Member

Hi,

I am checking a new release of land estate.

Currently it is a farm land and on engineering drawings i got , all the lots have marked Structural land fill from range 200 - 400mm.

Will it be a issue if i buy the land there ?

It is in Melbourne north Wollert , Arramont estate if this helps.

What sort of additional costs i need to bear in future due to this ?

Thanks

2. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

10 to 50 grand or so. Give a builder an initial deposit of $1,000 and ask them to get you a build contract. They do a soil test and tell you how much it costs to site a house on that block.

3. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Well-Known Member

200-400mm of fill isn't much in the scheme of things. As long as it's gone down under level 1 compaction, the depth of fill shouldn't be an issue. What will be an issue is the soil classification (both natural and full material), underlying rock in the natural material, underlying water table etc..

Cactus and tobe like this.
  4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I'd say that it's fairly normal for new development blocks. Likely to be rubbish fill they've pushed around to set the levels around the area.

5. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

likely to be level one fill. Geomshould be able to clarify as compacted material and I wouldn't expect your site costs to exceed $20k unless the underlying material is crap. Pay a deposit with a builder like Simonds and ask for a quote with fixed site costs. Many of the builders will give you fixed costs without soil test based on experience in the area combined with the engineering plans. Obviously they err on the side of caution, but this is the one area it's hard to compare them on and they can pad later and rip you a bit, that's why I like to fix me upfront.

Tufan Chakir likes this.