looking to invest but where

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by sauber, 12th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Search Brisbane area for houses under 250 and see what comes up . There will be 3-4 areas with properties in that price range . Logan will have some entries ( possibly ) , some areas in the north maybe , Ipswich will be in there and Goodna ... just , ( though most of the places in goodna under 250 will be flood or mining affected , renovator specials or selling quickly ) . Then search those areas on the forum and see what people are saying about them . That's where I'd start .

Cliff

2. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Feel it too.

MTR likes this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Its a property forum after all.. everyone talks it up, not sure whether that is good or bad but I have been in the property game long enough to know that gut goes a long way, the signs are always the same and I would prefer to play it safe.

4. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with playing it safe. I prefer safe.
    But safe is different to each person. Depends on how much time people have in the game/perhaps how leveraged people are/income/security. Obviously experience also comes into it.

I keep looking at deals and reminding myself, do i really need to do this now? If I stuff up the next development can I afford to bye my Macedon home(decided on Macedon). Is now the time to buy in Melbourne. When the hell is melbourne gonna start to cool, how bloody long can a city keep growing.

MTR likes this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

well its not a mining boom, however Perth experienced the longest boom ever 2001-2006/7, that was the mother of all booms, oh I wish for this again:)

All to their own, happy investing everyone

Perthguy and Barny like this.
  6. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

How long do you think melbourne has to run?

7. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

Whats this talk of planned influx of syrian refugees?

8. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Australian government agreed to bring in 13k Syrians after processing. The plan was to settle them into regional areas or something like that. Don't know what the government planned though