Looking to buy in Birchgrove/Balmain

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Steveonthemove, 16th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Steveonthemove

Steveonthemove New Member

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a 2-3 bed house in the balmain/birchgrove peninsula. I have seen a lot of properties off-market at present where people are discreetly trying to sell and a high number of properties coming up to rent in the area.

I am interested to get in touch with anyone looking to sell directly rather than through an agent.

Steve

2. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

What is your budget?

The local agents are going to have access to the most amount of properties that are off market. I'd suggest talking to Adrian Oddi at BW or Scott Bunnell at McGrath who are well placed in that area with off market property.

3. arewethereyet

arewethereyet Well-Known Member

Hi Steve - Where do you encounter these off-market properties? I'm on the fence about whether to sell or take on the rebuild of this Balmain property I've been sitting on for a few years.
    2_gyem94.png 2_gyemdg.png 2_gyemdt.png

If I sell, given that it'll suit a niche set of buyers, I think it'll do better off-market so keen to learn what those channels would be!

4. Steveonthemove

Steveonthemove New Member

Some local agents offer “off market” properties to their databases. It could be worth trying them.

I’m looking to buy direct from a seller rather than through an agent. I have previously bought a property this way before and it was a good process for both parties.

5. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

Unless you do a mailbox drop or stick up posters at Balmain Woolies, I'm not sure how to come across sellers that want to sell without the help of an agent.

Actually, there's a large property management only business in Balmain - you could try ask them if they have any owners thinking of selling? Although they get a kick-back when they refer sales leads to agents. PM me if you're not sure of the agency.