NSW Looking for PPOR with potential capital gain (Central coast)

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Kendra Shen, 7th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kendra Shen

Kendra Shen New Member

Hi everyone,
    we are recently looking at our own house and come across these few houses that I would appreciate if you can give opinions. We are planning to live in the house for 5-10 years or longer if we like it. The plan is to rent it out if we need to find a bigger place in a few years or sell it if it has increased in value. It has been hard for us as it will be owner occupied and we get emotionally involved.
    Couple - 30 and 40 years old
    both working professionals
    deposit - 500K

26 Coogee Road, Point Clare, NSW 2250
    pro - very close to train station and shops (about 6 mins walk). I go Sydney quite a bit so that helps. Easy access to highway. Relatively close to Gosford CBD. House is big and view is good
    con - a bit over our budget esp considering we want to buy own clinic in 2-3 years.
    81 Thames Drive, Erina, NSW 2250
    pro- close to big shopping center and good suburb. price is reasonable. Thinking to do some kitchen renovation and change the flooring+ paint
    con - we didn't look around this suburb because it's further from highway and also no train passing through.
    2 Tyne Close, Erina, NSW 2250
    Same street as the second property
    pro - close to big shopping center and good suburb. Has renovation done already so we don't need to do anything
    con - expensive compare to option 2, location is essentially the same. I don't know if the price is worth the extra internal space and renovation they have done