Looking for advice on cashflow IP areas - I'm thinking QLD?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Timmah, 14th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

Is it better to make $1 at a cost of 45c or lose $1 to save 45c?

Cashflow helps you accumulate, hold onto properties and spread risk. Its also cheaper and easier to get into for investors starting out. Most people can only afford 3 or 4 negatively geared "high CG" properties before the ongoing expenses hurt too much. This is also assuming there is no maintenance and have full vacancy. Their only hope and prayer is that CG will kick in asap to make it all worthwhile - and also that they don't lose their job before this happens! Its also been proven time and time again that outer areas enjoy equal amounts of growth percentage wise than traditional "high CG" areas.
    Renos are costly and can be overcapitalised easily unless you plan to sell. Your $5000 paint job will be worthless after 3 years of tenant living.
    End of the day a balanced portfolio accumulated over time is the best way forward for an average investor. But IMO having good cashflow first is important before speculating on negatively geared properties

Gypsyblood, Red Dog, nyc1 and 10 others like this.
  2. Harveys

Harveys Well-Known Member

There are plenty of property's (freestanding) in the low 3s that could potentially rent for low 4s in Logan after a quick cosmetic reno. 6%+ is easily achievable in Logan. Not just the LS burbs either. A great one came up in Shailer Park recently, If I was ready to go on my next I would have grabbed it.