Looking for advice from property development/site acquisition experts

Discussion in 'Development' started by yestart, 20th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. yestart

yestart Member

Hi Everyone,

I am still quite new to Property Chat (signed up early this year but only started regular visiting quite recently) but I have to say this is the best forum I’ve ever come across so far. Just as a brief intro I started property investing approx. 6 years ago and accumulated a mid sized portfolio along the way by mainly using buy and hold strategy. I am looking at taking another step further by starting out my property development journey and currently looking for a site to acquire. The main problem I come across at this stage is I find it really difficult to attract owners’ attention to even begin a conversation with. By that I mean I put my intention out there I am interested to acquire their site with a good offer, however I never had any feedback from anyone. A bit frustrating but that said I am fully aware PD is not easy to start with anyway, and I understand most people fail in this field and only few can survive. I have the dedication and I am prepared to spend extraordinary efforts to master this eventually. To make sure I am on the right path I would really appreciate some kind advice from anyone who’s successfully acquired site off the market and willing to share your thoughts/experience. If you are based in Melbourne I am more than happy to meet up over a coffee or in whatever way suits you, and hopefully form a long term relationship (as a mentorship) moving forward. Thank you for your time and looking forward to hearing from anyone.

Regards
    Yestart

stephanie garner likes this.
  2. Agent30yrs.

Agent30yrs. Well-Known Member

Why not build a relationship with an agent who knows what he is doing and divert your energies into something your good at.