Closed Logging in from overseas

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by Iamnumber5, 14th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Iamnumber5

Iamnumber5 Well-Known Member

@Simon Hampel
    I used to have a problem signing up to PC from overseas. The system somehow assume that I was a robot. I had to signed up when I was in Melbourne.

I also have the same problem with Business Chat now.

Is it your intention to keep it among members in Australia not global?
    I am sure there will be many more members signing up from across the globe once the system is fixed.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

@Iamnumber5 where were you trying to register from?

After my first attempt at launching a business forum (BizQ) was flooded by spambots (I deleted about 200,000 spam accounts!) about 3 years ago, I implemented a Geoblock system whereby certain countries are blocked completely from registering, while others will require approval before a member is allowed to post.

It's not ideal - but it's the most effective way I've found to stop the spambots from registering - given 99% of our members are from Australia, it's a relatively minor inconvenience to have to manually approve those few who want to register from overseas.

BusinessChat runs exactly the same software as PropertyChat, so it's not a surprise if you have problems on both platforms.

Best way to deal with it is to email [email protected] to request assistance.

Iamnumber5 likes this.
  3. Iamnumber5

Iamnumber5 Well-Known Member

I tried to register it from Indonesia. I guess it is in your list of country that you block. That time I sent several emails (more than 3 times I think) to [email protected], but had no reply. I guess you were busy deleting those spambots:).
    All good now.