QLD Logan or Moreton Bay Region for investment

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by katejemma, 19th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. katejemma

katejemma New Member

Hi all,
    New to investing and looking at purchasing our first investment property.
    Looking at suburbs within Logan Council and Moreton Bay regions. Any recommendations? Looking for neutral to positive cash flow and capital growth in the future years.
    Thanks

2. Indifference

Indifference Well-Known Member

Why those 2?
    Do you have an indicative budget?
    Any preferences for type of property? (House, Town house, Villa, Apartment/ Unit, dual occupancy etc...)
    Have you established your financial affairs before "looking"? (Strategy, broker, accountant etc..)

You're asking for input on investing hundreds of thousands... do you have a little more detail in your thinking other than that above?

3. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Certainly Logan is experiencing astronomical growth, also jobs growth.

Gold Coast is also still going up, and although ppl talk about Brisbane more, GC has gone up so much its astounding. If you bought 450k house in upper coomera it might be over 1m now.

So Logan definitely.

I worry about jobs north of Brisbane.....but hey, ppl can work from anywhere. In which case why live north of Brisbane at all?

Hamish84 and Arthurark like this.
  4. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

These 2 LGAs in Brisbane are very good options right now however long gone are those sub $400k houses. There is no more such things. Both these councils where extremely undervalued in the past.

Your a bit late I think actually as you've missed out on massive gains already in both Moreton Bay and Logan however if I was choosing right now I'd choose Logan.

Moreton bay is extremely expensive now and I honestly feel that just because one is Northside and one is Southside eventually the south will catch up in price.

Distance wise they are very similar to the CBD however the benefit of the south is its way closer to the Gold Coast. I prefer the GC over the Sunshine coast by miles.

I actually know heaps of ppl that prefer the Southside over the Northside in Brisbane and when you take into consideration the yield and potential remaining CG I'd rather put my money in the South right now.

5. katejemma

katejemma New Member

Looking anywhere between 500 and 750K

6. katejemma

katejemma New Member

Thanks for your feedback. Any recommendations for suburbs to look at? Budget is between 500K and 750K. Just heard that there are some areas to keep away from.

7. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

I also heard back in 2017 that buying in Petrie was a bad idea. I guess those guys that informed me of that are now about $350k-$400k+ worse off.

The very first thing you need to learn here is research yourself and perform your own due diligence. NEVER EVER EVER take some ppls advice on these public forums as gospel.

Your from Sydney - You should know Sydney well right. Tell me how many ppl have told you to never invest in Western Sydney? Hundreds probably right?

Guess what? Mt Druitt and St Marys will become a $1M suburb very very soon. Where are those guys saying never to invest in Western Sydney today? About $800k+ worse off.

Literally life changing amount of profit. Please dont be one of those newbie investors and listen to ppl just because they think they are investment guru's. Ppl on here with 10,000+ posts and seem to think they are god of investing cant see opportunity when it presents them to their face. They seem to be through 3-4-5 property cycles, yet they are approaching 60 and still grinding away trying to make millions. That is how successful they are. LOL - think about that for a minute.

Plenty of them around.

Rambo likes this.
  8. katejemma

katejemma New Member

Thanks. We'll aware of that. Doing lots of my own research too

9. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

If you can afford it Moreton bay in spades. Places like Margate, arana hills have been growing year in year out before the boom. They will.continue to do so due to scarcity. Logan tends to boom and then go sideways...the oo suburbs are a little better but historically not as consistent year on year. Take a look.for yourself using some of the suburbs you are interested in using the suburb profile on onthehouse....

10. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

750 Rochedale Soth, Springwood, tanah merah, Meadowbrook, Regents Park,

500 loganlea, Crestmead, Boronia hts, bethania,

Lots to choose from in logan

11. Nathan Prasad

Nathan Prasad Well-Known Member Business Member

Trying to get a neutrally geared property in the Moreton Bay area would be hard to get.

I would say go to Logan
    - Crestmead
    - Marsden
    - Boronia Heights

You should be able to get a 4 bed 2 bath for $550k but the market is very aggressive that could change within the next 4 weeks.

12. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I wonder if you were referring to me? I remember being asked about buying development sites in the heart of Petrie/Kallangur so that the buyer could build apartment towers, and telling them that these sites had all been bought up. We were looking ourselves, much earlier than 2017. I was often asked my opinion on various properties three or four klms away, and more, from the USC site and I said the residents would have to drive into the station as it was too far to walk and atm buses are rare. I cant imagine I would ever say that buying in Petrie/Lawnton/K'gur was a bad idea.

13. Headlong

Headlong Well-Known Member

Marsden, Waterford West, Kallangur
    check flood maps of course too