QLD Logan hot spots! Insider knowledge

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by magyar, 16th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Well done! Looks very solid!

2. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

All that matters is the end value and the renovation cost (if any). Previous sale prices are irrelevant.
    The house is now under contract for $395k giving a profit of about 100k.

Can you see value now? :eek:

3. Rich2011

Here's your answer. Dual key.

Attached Files:

Tom Rivera likes this.
  4. Parneet Kaur

Parneet Kaur Member

I’m first home buyers. Moved from NSW. Looking to buy a house near Springwood. Market is pretty high now. I am renting at Logan Reserve. There is land on sale at Paradise Road Slacks Creek. It’s convenient for my work and school as well. Could you please someone suggest me about this area as first home buyers. Thanks in advance

5. Rich2011

How much is the land and what size? Have you had a quote on the construction price?

6. Parneet Kaur

Parneet Kaur Member

Thanks for your reply. It is a home and land package . Land is 530 sq meter and it cost $320,000and house we can chose to build what we can afford but it may be come altogether $550,580000. Please let me know what do you think?

7. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

That's a lot to spend in Slacks Creek.if I were u and I need to be near Springwood I would buy East of M1. Look for something needing reno. Spend a bit more to be in Rochedale South etc.

Good opportunity to have a nice place .. capital gain and avoid traffic if u need to be in Springwood anyway.

8. Tom Rivera

$320,000 for 530m2 does seem a lot. You could buy and demolish a house elsewhere in Slacks Creek on a bigger block for cheaper.

craigc, Rich2011 and Harveys like this.
  9. Rich2011

550 to 580k is very high for Slacks Creek. If you want the property to be the best investment it can be then look back in Springwood or Rochedale South, Daisy Hill and Shailer Park. You'll be getting an older house but in a much more sought after area with owner occupiers and most likely more land.

Alternatively you could look at an existing house in Slacks Creek and do a cosmetic renovation.

What area is your work?

Last edited: 11th Jul, 2021
  10. Danny Boy

Danny Boy New Member

Hi Magyar,
    Great information thanks for your candor and sharing your knowledge

11. Arthurark

Arthurark Well-Known Member

6 years on and this thread still has such applicable information. Logan primed for a strong end of 2023 and 2024

Saints lad likes this.
  12. Danny Boy

Danny Boy New Member

Hi There, Just reading with interest your feedback on property you seem to have a great insite into the southside house prices. I know this is a big ask. I'm looking for my first property. Limited by the high price of property though. Do you think i am able to find something in the logan area or surrounds for around $400k.I dont mind a renovator or needs some TLC.Prefer high set is possible.

13. DjV

DjV New Member

Hi there!
    I have a desire to buy my first investment property and considering a home and land package in Logan Reserve. Should I be concerned about the land sizes being quite small? Is this area in general good to invest? Thanks

14. southern-investor

southern-investor Well-Known Member

Hahaha - looking back at this thread the Logan investors would have absolutely killed it.

Pretty much everything from 2017 when this thread started has doubled now in price. There are not many Logan haters left imho. Prices in all Logan suburbs continue to rise and some places in Logan are already pretty unaffordable.

All the best to all the Logan investors. Cant see any Logan haters around these days.

Rickdanby, Justin_Z, Beaver and 2 others like this.
  15. Saints lad

Saints lad Active Member

Please keep going i have a dual occ Loganlea.

16. Tom Rivera

@Danny Boy lots has changed price-wise since I made that post in 2021 right...! That said- you should be able to scrape in something OK in the low $400's (or a bit further south of that for a real fixer upper). I had a client recently pay $425k for a solid little 3-Bed in Logan Central, he spent an extra $20k making it absolutely spot on but realistically he could've gotten away with spending a quarter of that or less if he needed to.

@DjV How small is the land size you're looking at? Everything these days will be around 300-500m2 so if you want new, it's pretty much unavoidable. I love Logan Reserve, having lived here for about 8 years now. Go into H&L with your eyes open- they don't suit everyone's investment strategy. There's plenty of marketers out there getting paid extortionately for selling you an overpriced build, but there's also quality builders selling at honest prices. You really need to be able to hold onto it and maximise the tax benefits of the depreciation for a brand new home to make sense over existing.

It's been SO nice to be able to consistently call clients with good news after a decade of stagnation...!