QLD Logan hot spots! Insider knowledge

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by magyar, 16th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

19 Ceduna Street is a lowset and has no lock up car accommodation. 36 Ceduna has the double lock up garage plus additional storage underneath the house plus side access and tons of room to build a large shed or granny flat in the back yard, it all adds value.

27 Hampton Street has a powerline easement covering half the block, the banks don't like them hence valuations and sale prices are lower. Take away the powerline issue what's it worth? 365?

Also, if the price is lower now than it was in 2015 that is a whole other issue.
    No issue with that for the lucky buyer, it's called buying under market value from a distressed seller and a forced sale! Why pay mid 3's when you can buy a mortgagee for late 2's? 260, 270 or 280 its still great buying and as you have pointed out houses that don't directly compare are selling for around 345 plus!

Last edited: 30th Oct, 2019
    broc119, Tom Rivera and croseks like this.
  2. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Buying anywhere in the 2's in Loganholme is VERY good buying! That house has had 90% of the work done too, well done!

Rich2011 likes this.
  3. Jun8

Jun8 Member

May I ask something irrelevant? I just put an offer for a house in Regents Park. The original price was 460k, after 2 months it got to 440k and after some negotiations, we accept the price of 420k for a 4/2/4 house on 810 square meters. Is it a good price or is it not? We just want a place to live, no investment plan. Thanks

4. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

If you bought to live then its a good price as long as your happy there

If your neighbours are from hell and you need to move out and sell it at a loss then no it would not be

Jun8 likes this.
  5. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

I would add that so long as you know the reason the discount was applied you will be fine. It is only a 10% reduction so doesn't sound like a fire sale. Really they advertised 440 and you paid 420 so the seller is probably thinking they got a good deal. The previous 460 isn't relevant. I think 420 is a big investment in Logan, many others will be paying something with a 3 in front of it, but owner occupier really wants a good house not a cheap house.
    I had a friend who once overpaid for a house many years ago, cos his wife loved it. 20 years on, still married, great life, house worth a lot more. Overpaying is a distant memory.

If you are worried, imagine the price you would have wanted to pay (most optimistic) and look at what the seller wanted ( 440 ) and find a spot half way between. If that is about 420 then maybe that is where value lies.

craigc, Jun8 and 2FAST4U like this.
  6. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    I don't live in Logan but I had the same experience with my PPOR. I probably paid about 20k too much but I love my house and it's now worth at least 40k more than I paid for it 3 years ago. For IP it's all about the numbers for me and I'll walk away. For PPOR your living in it for a long time so you've got to be happy with it.

Jun8 likes this.
  7. Jun8

Jun8 Member

Yeah I expected it should be around 400k-415k but the house has never been rented and the owner accepted all 3 conditions (finance, termites and construction) so we thought it might be a fair price for both. What do you think? I just wanna know so maybe next time we put in an offer for another house, we get the experience ha ha. Thanks

8. YoungBull

YoungBull Well-Known Member

96-98 York Street, Beenleigh - investLogan

Does anyone know on the ground if this development is currently being constructed or not. Either way the Logan Council seem to be wanting to concentrate on making Beenleigh a hub

9. Smee

Smee Well-Known Member

Isn't there a dump in Rochedale?

10. Rich2011

Last time I went along that lane (about 5 weeks ago) that was not under construction. I was told this week there are sites with commercial zoning that allow 35 levels in Beenleigh CBD. Apartment blocks are popping up everywhere in the central part of Beenleigh. Due to the proximity to the Gold Coast and Brisbane CBD and being on the train line the State Government wants big business to move to Beenleigh.

Last edited: 12th Jan, 2020
    YoungBull likes this.
  11. Amarjeet Kumar

Amarjeet Kumar Member

Decent price ans location for Logan district. In my opinion you have done well if gou are towards Green Road and away from a very small patch behind Grand Plaza.

12. Rich2011

Sold 1 Huxley Court, Loganholme QLD 4129 on 13 Dec 2019 - 2015431336 | Domain

Vacant land (just around the corner) sold for 20k more than the house and land we picked up for 270k. Same size block too!

13. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

Here is a property we bought recently for clients;

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-loganlea-132609930

• Paid $255,250.
    • Current Market Value - $325,000.
    • Bought prior to auction from a hugely distressed seller.
    • Land value itself valued at $225,000 from council.
    • Rent $325pw with $0 work needed
    • Medium density zoning
    • 728sqm block walk to everything including train station

craigc and YoungBull like this.
  14. radioactive

radioactive Well-Known Member

May I ask if the market value is from banks valuation and extractable or self estimate?

15. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Saw that when it came on the market and gotta say quiet suprised for what it sold for, wonder what the buyers are thinking to do with it (maybe NDIS housing if flat)

16. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Theres actually a 3/1/1 on same size corner lot 300m away (next street) for 299k (probably could get It for <290K)

17. Rich2011

It's been on the market since Nov 2018...

18. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

If we are talking about the one on Ceduna st, what do you think is wrong with it? I know market is pretty crappy but any other things you can add to it? Still feel a lot better purchase than the land you quoted

19. Rich2011

The add says 'small and cosy' I assume a pretty small house. Could have BnP issues who knows. RP Data says internally its 65m2, how a 3 bedroom fits into that I don't know...

20. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

can't rely on rp data but does look like a typical 60s/70s lowset so around 65-70m2 sounds about the normal - from what I can see it does have an extension at the rear (maybe an additional living room)

The ad is pretty pathetic so maybe the agent isn't doing a good job at marketing