QLD Logan Central

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by miscg, 7th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tranquilo

Tranquilo Well-Known Member

What's everyone's thoughts on Edens Landing. How do you think the area will perform in the next 5 or so years. I've just settled on a property a couple of weeks ago there.

2. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

My fellow PC'ers

What are your thoughts on Birun Street Woodridge?
    It is not highlighted red nor green on the map we received earlier.

3. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

My understanding is that those areas not highlighted are fine.
    I haven't checked Birun Street out before, but have you made a trip to Woodridge? If not I strongly recommend you go there and have a look around yourself to get a feel.

For me I would go there and look out for:
    1. Whether there are any shopping trolleys lying around on street - this usually indicates the residents don't have cars i.e. they're pretty poor
    2. Whether there are heaps of garbage randomly dumped on the street curb or front lawn - again this gives an indication of the quality of residents living here
    3. Check for tyre/skid marks on the street - you don't want these as that means some locals are using this street as racecourse...:)
    Courtesy of @Lu Bracher and various contributors to this forum. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    D

4. Lenny

Lenny Well-Known Member

Sorry, what map Shawn? Edit - I found it. Woops.

Last edited: 10th Sep, 2015
  5. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

not sure I am 100% agreeing with this. I thought within 1-2 km radius from a shopping complex you'll see more trolley.

adding to the list, is a couch in property's front patio

6. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

Don't think the couch in the front patio is a good indicator. In Seven Hills NSW where I live there's a couch on a fair few front patios. People use them to put on their shoes in the morning when they head out to work.

Some ethnicities don't believe in wearing shoes inside the house.

7. Rolo

Rolo Well-Known Member

A house on bricks is generally a good indicator. I can understand a car but a house? Didn't look like a reno either. Just a house on bricks, although that was Kingston. Best advice is go have a look for yourself. I checked the areas on the map provided here and couldn't really see a correlation. Some of the green areas I personally wouldn't touch. Some of the red ones looked ok to me.

8. RetireRich101

Here's the heat map for housing commission in Woodridge.
    Seems bit dense in Birun street to my liking.
    upload_2015-9-11_21-58-3.png

C-mac and Taku Ekanayake like this.
  9. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

Where did you find this? Great resource

10. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

I'm also interested to know where/how you find this map. Can you shed some light please? Thanks!

11. The Social Investor

The Social Investor Active Member

The property has only just gone unconditional...it must be a rent assessment.
    The cashflow is very healthy in this area though

12. RetireRich101

rpdata professional, so not a free service. based off housing commission as the owner then doing a radius map.

Daniel007, Prosperous, Lenny and 2 others like this.
  13. Daniel007

What are everyone's thoughts on 2-3 bedroom townhouses? If i'm not mistaken, the main demographic are large families so it's preferable to find house and land.

Villas and townhouses have done extremely well in Mount Druitt so i'm interested to know if it's really an issue, any feedback would be appreciated.

14. meme plecko

meme plecko Well-Known Member

We bought a townhouse in Logan a couple of months ago. We weren't targeting townhouses, but it was a good deal. Rented easily. CF+ easily. Buying one bedders in Logan probably not a good idea, but townhouses with 2-3 bedrooms would be comfortable for a family with two kids, yet much cheaper than buying a house. Not all families in Logan are made of 8+ people that need highsets to fit everyone. Locals, please correct me if I'm wrong.
    In my opinion, townhouses in Logan should do ok long term. Not as good as houses with land but if a deposit amount is an issue for a house, I see no major issues with getting a townhouse in a small complex with low bc.

15. Special order

Special order Well-Known Member

The problem with townhouses is with the new Logan plan being implemented we may see an upswing of unattached auxillery units coming onto the market in the coming years, especially with investors chasing yields...already on gumtree I have seen a lot more come available, like it or not but this will be your competition as we all know that Logan locals love cheap!.

Daniel007, Rich2011 and RetireRich101 like this.
  16. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

What are people advertising or seeking on gumtreee in logan? Renting? Buying aux?

17. Daniel007

Thanks everyone.

We want to hold it for the long term so i think we'll stick to houses. I've seen every man and his dog put granny flats etc on their IPs in the central coast/western sydney and we don't want to be fighting for tenants.

18. Daniel007

I don't think you can buy an aux unit because its still on the one title.

19. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

folks, has the growth for 4114 vs surrounds such as marsden etc been roughly the same?

what about say slacks creek vs marsden, marsden has always been more expensive, but has SC caught up or over taken?

20. Sam Yue

Sam Yue Well-Known Member

I think there are more competition of investors in 4114 than Marsden or Crestmead areas. I did a calculation a couple of month ago when I was buying properties in Logan. Comparing to the population of surburb, there are less than half amount of properties on sales per 1000 people in 4114 than Marsden's, but the rental properties on market in 4114 is more than Marsden.

Based on that, I focused more on other suburbs other than 4114. However, there will be good deals in every suburbs.