QLD Logan buying guide

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by seanbrissy, 6th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Crestmead is the best choice when you are looking for high yiled, this is good for recession proof investment.

See here below taken from RPData as at 17/12/2015

[​IMG]

2. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@Mumbai man, so which one that you end up with ?

Both looks the same from the graph below:

[​IMG]

3. Dmarkw

Dmarkw Well-Known Member

That's an overly simplistic view. Within each suburb there are certain types of properties with substantially better yeilds than those based on overall medians in the RPdata schematic. Suburb yeild data is very easily scewed by an over abundance of one type of property in either the price or the rental figures.

As other have pointed out in this thread within each suburbs, there are particular property types to target for yeild - some of these property types have substantially better yeilds than the suburb medians. Michael x for example suggested in logan central that the numbers work best for lowset brick and tile 3bdrm or dual occupancy high sets. Types of property to target for yeild will vary from suburb to suburb.

Greyghost and Tekoz like this.
  4. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

First one.

Tekoz likes this.
  5. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@Dmarkw yes, you could be right. But somehow the search engine that I have subscribed has no feature to compare it with such details.

I guess I have been misled by RPData website, I'll cancel my subscription and change with another search engine like https://www.realestateinvestar.com.au

6. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Good choice,
    What search engine that you use before making that decision mate ?

$399 RPData search engine seems to give the basic one not very detailed as per @Michael_X suggest of which type of property is better sold in the particular area.

perhaps Michael_X can also suggest which tool to use to avoid this costly subscription or even bought the wrong property.

7. Patamea

Patamea Well-Known Member

The data can be a good thing Tekoz, just don't take one piece of data and make your choice on this. Eg looking at yield alone in a mining town or coastal holiday village you will be very impressed, however take a step back and look at it along with all the other information and you will realize it's not a good buy.

Use various forms of data and information like pieces of a puzzle, if they all go together and you like what you see then you have a winner.

Tekoz likes this.
  8. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Google :)
    On a serious note, I used expertise of the helpful PChat community (thank god... i mean @Simon Hampel for that) and also did some DD on surrounding suburbs and their suitability to my requirements.

As @Patamea said, there are various factors. I have a few IPs in 'good' suburbs that can give me a good CG, so I was after an 'OK' suburb for yield purposes.

Tekoz likes this.
  9. Ko Ko Naing

Ko Ko Naing Well-Known Member

Agree with this! I found them under-quoting a lot, which I am sure illegal in QLD.

10. 4point5million

4point5million Well-Known Member

11. Ko Ko Naing

Ko Ko Naing Well-Known Member

Did anybody bid? Or no one turned up?

12. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

No bids, I was at the auction. They claimed they had buyers who couldn't buy under auction conditions, the seller wants 315 min...

13. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Just want to clarify. How do you get your tenants to pay for water costs?

I've just received a bill which includes Water Consumption charges but my tenancy agreement says that the tenant is responsible for water consumption.

14. norwoodman

norwoodman Well-Known Member

This covers the requirements in Queensland. Water efficiency would be a key factor in whether it can be passed on to the tenants or not. Water charging fact sheet | Residential Tenancies Authority

15. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I always pay my full water bills (on time!) And at the same time send my water bills to my property manager for them to advise the tenants of the water usage charges. Then I get reinbursed into my bank account a few weeks later.

16. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Gockie, how do you consolidate at the end of the year? As in how does it appear on the rental statement then?

17. Gockie

Typically once the financial year is over the rental agencies give me a statement per property with a breakdown on the types of payments with details per month of the incomings and outgoings. I can check when I get home later today if water is recorded as its own line item (I hope it is!)

18. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

I mean, if you are paying, does the agency still record it on the statement?

19. Gockie

I understand. No, they dont record my payment to the water authority, so I manage that myself at tax time. (Yes... I get all the other regular bills sent to me too... strata, council... I know I don't have to but at least I have control)...

Property Twins likes this.
  20. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Has anyone got a dual occupancy in the LCC? I have come across an opportunity to buy a set of duplex homes on a corner block. How would you consider dual occupancy in the LCC provided the second house eats up most of the backyard? Both homes are rented and yields are good but package is unique for the area so I am not sure how the locals see DO